Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 80 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ti Super

Jens
I have tried to get the chassis number of the Ti Super in the musuem but the company policy is to not provide chassis details of any vehicle in the museum.
Perhaps odd but they make the rules so guess I have to live with it.
Barry

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
yep, a dude here in Holland. They are fantastic, really very nice and look like the Technomagnesios. Dominic, try giving my buddy Marco van Doorn a call for the owner of the car equipped with these wheels. The guy is a customer of Marco. 0031-6 21264414.

Rik

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
I must admit, if I offload enough parts this year I'm thinking of placing an order with Auto Parco for these wheels as I doubt anyone out there has the desire to commission accurate Ti Super wheels*. Anyone got an email address for them? Fingers crossed, someone there speaks English ......

*although if Max is going to productionise the Ti Super in the same way he's producing GTA-esque clones, he might have to ... :D

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
I must admit, if I offload enough parts this year I'm thinking of placing an order with Auto Parco for these wheels as I doubt anyone out there has the desire to commission accurate Ti Super wheels*. Anyone got an email address for them? Fingers crossed, someone there speaks English ......

I've made several attempts to contact Autoparco but I've never received a reply. Has anybody been successful with these guys? The absence of interest in replying to emails causes me to be a little reluctant to send these guys money.

I suspect that they are not making these wheels themselves.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
you could easily modify any HB wheel to accept hubcaps, but it will still be an HB wheel...
Well, Rik, drilling the holes is easy :) but getting them positioned just right so they hold the hubcaps on is the real problem. Put the holes in the wrong place and you've just lunched some very expensive wheels.

The Autoparco guys appear to be the only ones who appreciate the aesthetics of the Campy w/ hubcap combination. I wouldn't mind doing the same thing with HB or Compomotive TI wheels but it would be helpful to have some templates . . .

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
not so hard. Make a template, use a whiteboard marker.
There is an area inside the wheel, outside the 4 bolt hole pattern in which you could make an aly template. This in order to make a circle. Then fit a hubcap, and surround with whiteboard marker. Calculate inner circle of hubcap on inside (since it is folded in in order to be held by the clamps on the wheel)
Mark this on wheel.
Then mark three times 120 degrees. Drill holes of about 3mm. If wrong, no big deal as on inside of hubcap.
Do not use the well, let me say it this way as I know no other: Phallus shaped retainers. Use a folded piece of metal which you screw on the wheel. (tap M4 thread in wheel) Affix hubcap.Repeat procedure three other times. Enjoy envious looks from fellow Alfisti...

·
Registered
121 Posts
yep, a dude here in Holland. They are fantastic, really very nice and look like the Technomagnesios. Dominic, try giving my buddy Marco van Doorn a call for the owner of the car equipped with these wheels. The guy is a customer of Marco. 0031-6 21264414.

Rik
OK thanxs Rik, i will do so.

See you soon.;)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Since I KNEW with certainty, that the first TI Supers had drum brakes, I thought I'd look up the literature to prove that.

In Giorgio Nada Editores 'Le Vetture che hanno fatto la storia Alfa Romeo Giulia' , which is a total MUST have, isbn 88-7911-143-4 , there is the official press article on the TI Supers release. A with pics and B with accompanying text, which states the 'three leading shoe drum brakes'.

See photographed texts.

hope the pics come through well.
Rik

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
...which are two leading shoe.
But yes they look the same indeed. Basically 101 series stuff, as is the TI Super engine.
Are you certain that the Giulia Sprint Speciale didn't have three leading shoe rear drums (and front Dunlop discs)? :eek:

·
Super Moderator
3,535 Posts
The 3 leading shoe front drums were phased in in '63, I had a '63 Ti with 3 leading shoe front drums and 2 shoe radially finned rear drums (on a 105 rear axle).

The Ti and Ti Super never used the 2 leading shoe front drums, they all used the 3 leading shoe fronts. The pictures shown above are of the 3 leading shoe drums, they are quite a bit bigger than the 2 shoe ones. I have both types, so can state this with certainty.

All the rears are one leading, one trailing, but there are 4 different types, firstly the standard 2 shoe with the radial drum on the 750 / 101 rear axles, secondly the helical finned type on the 750 / 101 rear axle - this is essentially the front 2 leading shoe moved to the back, with modified innards to have one leading & one trailing shoe, and thirdly the helical finned 2 shoe rear drum on the 105 rear axle, finally the radially finned 2 shoe drum on the rear axle.

I've never seen the helically finned 2 shoe drum on the rear of a 105 car, but if that was the Giulia Sprint Speciale standard, it only stand to reason that the TI Super would gain all the competitive bits from the Giulia SS. The Ti Super engine is purported to be virtually identical to the Giulia SS engine in spec.

Somewhere I have a Parts catalogue for a Ti Super as well as an original owners handbook, but so much stuff is packed away right now, I'm a long way from digging it all out - must finish the house & garage first.

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hi All,
I have a set of compomotive wheels from the UK. I think these are sold by Richard at Alfaholics.
Regards
Jim

·
Registered
86 Posts
Where is the best place to buy Hein Brand wheels and are there replicas available?

Thanks
Well, the Hein Brand wheels are replicas already and HEINBRAND AUTOMOTIVE will get them to you. AFAIK they ship them anywhere. I have just seen them yesterday at the Techno Classica fair in Essen, Germany.

Regards
Jens

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,020 Posts
Do you know the weight of the Heinbrand TZ replicas? They list only a 5.5x15". Surprisingly, it is not listed on their site, a not unimportant detail. I have sent an e-mail (Contact Us) but no reply in a week. And do you know offhand the weight of the originals? Thanks, Bruce

Ahh, I found above the weight of the HB are 8.5kg (18.7#). Heavy indeed considering an early mag alloy CD-35 is ~12#. I guess I conclude form the above dialogyue that a TZ wheel hole/pattern (ovals) is not the same as a TI Super (more rectangularish/rounded corner trapezoids).

61 - 80 of 154 Posts