Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Is it possible to have the TI instrument cluster repair? The tach is not working.

2. If yes, who would you recommend?

3. If no, anybody wants to sell a working one?

·
Premium Member
22,383 Posts
Palo Alto Speedometer could do it, likely, but it'll be pricey. One guy here repaired the ribbon aspect to his; I'll point this thread out to him.
Good used ones come up, but I don't have any at the moment.
Andrew

·
Registered
695 Posts
The tach separates from the cluster with a couple of screws ....If you feel up to it it's not complicated just a spinning magnet in front of another with the pointer on it and a clock spring. Its like watch repair. But first verify the disconnected cable is spinning with the car running.
The hardest part is removing the cluster.
George Nunez
64 TI
FYI I`ve repaired a sticky speedo by replacing the plastic ribbon thermometer, as some call it, which gets sticky over time with high quality drafting velum sprayed flat black and dayglow red. Moral is that the cluster is user friendly as far as repairs are concerned.

·
Premium Member
22,383 Posts
There are a couple variations of clusters, one easier to deal with than the other, but I forget which is which. Often mechanical gauge problems are just sticky old grease, poor mesh of gears, stuck needle, things making contact that shouldn't, etc. So if you're up to it, a little exploration could save you a lot of money.
Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts