Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a megasquirt conversion and I need ideas as to where to get an appropriate throttle position switch that will fit on a 83-84 Spider throttle body.

It probably goes without saying but... the TPS needs to be of the potentiometer type not just the on/off type that came on the car.

I'm hoping that someone out there that has done the conversion, or knows somebody that knows somebody... who might have a good inexpensive suggestion for a TPS that might be adaptable.

Thank you,

David

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm working on a megasquirt conversion and I need ideas as to where to get an appropriate throttle position switch that will fit on a 83-84 Spider throttle body.

It probably goes without saying but... the TPS needs to be of the potentiometer type not just the on/off type that came on the car.

I'm hoping that someone out there that has done the conversion, or knows somebody that knows somebody... who might have a good inexpensive suggestion for a TPS that might be adaptable.

Thank you,

David

You can get the car running whithout TPS on megasquirt, all based on MAP.

I have my gtv6 running like that.

Maybe a BMW throttle body would fit.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Luis,

Thanks for the suggestion. I would like to craft a TPS and will manage somehow even if it entails going to Radio Shack and getting a potentiometer that I can adapt. None-the-less I appreciate your idea and since I assume you are in fact running a megasquirt I will look forward to seeking you out for an exchange of ideas or some suggestions when I get around to installing mine and trying to get my car running.

David

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just a cold start of my Gtv6, only fuel, no TPS.

It´s a MS1 ECU in a l-jet box whith the stock pin out to work whith the stock wiring and harness.

I have one MS2 for another car almost done, alfa 1.8 turbo, this is very similiar to your engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts