Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just trying to sort some wiring tomfoolery committed by insane P/O's. Anyone know what the two white wires are for, that are behind the glovebox? There's a black rubber'ish connector in the line (so there are actually 4 wires....two connected to two others via the rubber connector). They come out of the bottom of the dash then disappear towards the front, into a bundle of some other wires. Anyway, one of them had been chafed and broken, just curious as to what would be not working. My outstanding electrical issues at this point are fuel pumps and under-dash A/C fans.

I also found a red wire that had been cut off somehow (again, looks like it chafed against something, or perhaps met Mr. Mouse). It has a black rubber sleeve over part of it (towards the front/harness). One end of the wire appears to hook into something under the dash but I haven't figured out what yet (maybe one of the passenger-side fans, the one to the left?), the other end disappears into the aforementioned bundle of wires coming from the firewall area.

I repaired both wires tonight but can't see any difference....still no fuel pumps, and still just one or two A/C fans running (the two "squirrel cage" fans under the dash on the passenger side are still dead).

·
Registered
22 Posts
The two white wires are from the A/C thermister (sp?).
Its a device that senses the temp of the evaporator coil.

The other wire may be the power to the glove box lamp.
The ground is switched at the glove box door.

As far as the fuel pump, check for a blown (melted) fuse.
It's located behind the passenger seat (under the parcel shelf).

ELM

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that explains why I saw no difference.....AC needs a charge right now. :p No idea on the red wire, it's not for the glovebox light (already found that one and fixed it).

On the fuel pumps....you should see the thread I started about this problem. :) I've been through pretty much everything, the only thing I can figure is I have a shorted wire somewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts