Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfa Romeo Other 2 Door Coupe | eBay

I am curious as to what people here think of this car.

It is listed as a '57. The VIN plate puts it as an early/mid '56 car (maybe April), as does the Bertone number.

The front end is a later style ('59 or later). The tail lights are also later style.

The rear bumper is either incorrect or upside down, since it has no notch for the trunk release.

I can not tell for sure if it has small headlights. They do appear to be reflector type, and not sealed beam, and are the correct Carellos.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Skiwalk,

My 1955 Sprint carries a Bertone body number of 651358, only 619 units from this car. My car was completed in December 1955. This car is most likely a 1956 that was "updated" with the newer grills, larger taillights at some point. I noticed the Michigan plates, my car also came from Michigan, beware! Once paint and other coatings were removed, it revealed massive salt and rust damage on underbody and chassis elements.

Vern in Oregon

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
The car looks like a 750 with 101 tail lights and grills, but that can be easily changed back to original. I believe that any old Giulietta that has not been restored needs a complete restoration that includes total media blasting. I always thought that my 1961 Sprint Veloce had very little rust because it was always parked in the garage in Los Angeles, but it needed both door bottoms, passenger door sill, both rocker panels, rear window and some other small rusted out areas replaced with new steel. I believe that this car is worth restoring, but I would rather restore a Veloce because of the greater value.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
$27300? Holy crap. I was figuring perhaps $15k at most. I guess the Sprints have found their time to appreciate. It makes me wonder what the white one Alfa Romeo Other Sprint | eBay will bring. It appears to be a much nicer car to start with.

Will

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
MGTF and Austin Healey 12-5-14 013.jpg I believe that any complete 750/101 Sprint is worth more than $25K and that is why they are sold on eBay. I also believe that restored cars are either sold privately or at car auctions and not on eBay. I wonder what my restored 101 Sprint Veloce would bring at an auction.

·
Administrator
3,810 Posts
$25600-00 and only because it's a '58 & not a '57. The eligibility for events like the California Mille with a '57 and earlier mean the early cars carry a premium over the '58 & later cars.

For those watching the '57 vs '58, the '58 had the larger 7" lights and the two chrome strips on the front of the air collector whiskers while the '57 had the small 5+3/4" lights and should have plain body colour whiskers

Ciao
Greig

1 - 7 of 7 Posts