Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
The hood scoop and the script kind of ruin it for me, but both would seem to be easily put back to stock.

That said, I've always thought that the tea tray poses an excellent opportunity to get some cold air to the engine. Has anybody ever come across something *tasteful*, that could be made to fit?

bs

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Look at the scoop on the Callaway cars, also someone on the BB did a CF version of it that looked pretty tasteful too, he said he would sell them, but have not heard much more.

I think other than the NASCAR sticker package an the East LA hood scoop, not a bad example, not sure I would take them at their word it is rust free given the rust on the hose clamps, but as long as it is not terminal, it could be a good example.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Obvious re-paint (Rear view Mirrors). Look at the engine. Anyone who would let their motor look like that would certainly let it rust. Car was purchased at auction and is in MA - how about some undercarriage pics?. Interior looks good, but unless you get it at $1500.00, you may find yourself replacing all the expensive stuff (mileage at the sweet spot for that).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Friends don't let friends flip through JC whitney catalogs. It never turns out well...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Gtv6

The person who put all of that GTV6 and Alfa Romeo lettering all over the car CLEARLY has been asked "what kind of car is that?" one too many times! :eek:

As far as the scoop goes...not quite sure what they were going for, other than a "bad ***" look. Not too much air is going to make it through those 1/8" holes.
I put wire mesh in place of my tea tray on my track car. My thinking was more from the perspective of helping get hot air out, rather than cold air in. I have no idea if it "really" works...but it makes me feel better sitting in pit lane and watching all the heat escape out!

-JT

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Honda's and Go-Fast Stickers

IMO - This car looks like it's last owner was a kid, maybe a previous Honda owner - you know how they think that a "fart-can" and a bunch of stickers make 'em go faster. I applaud the fact that the hood scoop looks fabricated - must be there to get a free engine wash when it's rainin'. You just gotta question the judgement of the owner that mounts the Alfa Romeo script on the nose of their car.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
207 Posts
The hood scoops from the previous generation (ending 2004) Mustang GTs make a great looking hood scoop fot the GTV. It's similar in width and size to the Callaway scoop, but has a lower profile. Nino at EuroConnection has one on his GTV6/3.0 and it looks sharp. Later, Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts