Alfa Romeo Forums banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
the slow load up is starting to irk me a bit now...
makes finishing longer threads too much of a chore so often I'll switch off before finishing.... or not bother responding.

am finding that I won't open up thread notifications in my inbox as well due to the time it'll take to actually read them.
am yet to click a google ad and would rather send some $ to you simon to get the site running quicker again.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I've got to agree with James; this morning I'm getting 30-second load time for the **** ads. It really is getting in the way of using the site. On the one hand, I'm truly glad that Simon is getting some revenue, and I'll live with a slight delay, but waiting a full half minute is making me question the value of a premium subscription.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
but waiting a full half minute is making me question the value of a premium subscription.
:rolleyes:I think it's well worth the cost just seeing that cool red framed banner next to my log in name. You guys are just to uptight:( - gotta learn to go with the flow:), loosen up a bit:cool:.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
MRSpider -
I'm platinum, online, and I see no ads now, just as Simon said - Zero, zilch, nada...
Enjoy your five minutes!!

·
Registered
9,234 Posts
Can anyone state for certain that this solves the problem - I'd happily subscribe if that's the case - I'd get 5 minutes of my life back everyday
I can confirm as well. The pages now load almost as fast in IE7 as they do in Firefox.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
:confused:before I had a chance to sign on this am, a bunch of ads started to load and after about 15-20 seconds were still loading. I then closed it out and then got a bunch of "security risk" warnings:cool:.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Sounds like they know something about you... ;)
Good one Enrique!

In all seriousness, those "security risk" warnings may not be legitimate. There are many fraudulent and potentially dangerous warnings out there claiming to be anti-malware solutions. I would ignore such warnings unless they are from the anti-malware application installed on your system.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
There have been some very interesting revealations and points of interest on this thread since I started it all those months ago.

Here's another observation from the UK - Whilst waiting 20 or 30 seconds for the page to load up, the amazingly quick-loading advert banner offers ALPHA Romeo dealers, FERARRI cars, quick fixes for varicose veins, and a site for gays to meet up.............

(My spelling is the same as that on the adverts!)

121 - 131 of 131 Posts