Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
18,242 Posts
Supply & demand. I read that the junkyard rule is 'good engines are cheap'. Good engines don't wear out/break so the supply of good ones is higher than the demand. Poor engines are expensive - many break down so the supply of good ones is low and the demand is high.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Supply & demand. I read that the junkyard rule is 'good engines are cheap'. Good engines don't wear out/break so the supply of good ones is higher than the demand. Poor engines are expensive - many break down so the supply of good ones is low and the demand is high.

my point was simply that a lot of people here have cars they bought in pieces , transmissions that crunch , bad airco compressors etc... here is a complete driveline , ostensibly good for less money than a good valve job would cost... if you are sitting on a project where the engine is in pieces or tired , for this money you can get one that isn't and have a spare transmission to boot. as I said... for whats on offer and assuming its represented accurately , I think its dirt cheap. but... if you don't need it then you don't need it... right up until you do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts