Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Dear Anthony, I can't tell you how happy you've made me. To see that box, ravaged and contorted into the meaningless piece of scrapmetal that it is, is well, in a word, wonderful!!!!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Since I am a car enthusiast and have never caught my wife in bed with a better endowed BMW owner like the "general" obviously has, a picture of someones smashed vintage race car to me is sad. It's no reason to celebrate. Someone probably poured his heart into preparing that car. To think its great that a vintage BMW is smashed proves to me that the "general" is WAY more of a "RICK" with a silent "P" than any BMW owner that has ever allegedly cut him off on the streets.

Is this "gutter talk" general? If so, good because I want it to be at the appropriate level for you.

At least the BMW ran long enough to be able to be in a crash! Check out this Alfa that I was very excited to see run at the same event that the crashed BMW was at. Unfortunately, this "Crapbox" didn't even make it through its first lap in its first session. Is this the kind of reliabilty that a person can expect if they pay over $100,000 for an Alfa?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i recoginze that car, it's the one that came back and won its class and finished 7th of 40 cars after starting 3rd to last.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am a BMW guy, and I also want to get an Alfa GTV. I was being sarcastic when I called the TZ a "crapbox". I would take one in a second. I believe it is entirely possible to like both Alfa and BMW. It is also possible to like both Porsche's and Ferrari's isn't it?

The general celebrates a crashed BMW. As a BMW guy, I could have celebrated a broken down Alfa, especially one of the exotics, but I didn't. I was bummed because I like ALL EUROPEAN vintage race cars. If you will notice, I only respond to the generals BMW bashing.

General, you know they have counselors who can help you get over your BMW inferiority complex? Maybe, if the counselor is very, very good, he can help you block out the horrible memory of coming home and finding a strange BMW in your driveway. Maybe he can help you block out the memory of hearing your wifes screams from your bedroom, "Ja, Ja, Ja!!! Machen mich groB Deutsch! Machen mich groB Deutsch!
JA! JA! JA! JA! JA! JA!

JA! JA! JA! JA! JA!

Poor general, that must have been tough, but it doesn't mean you should hate ALL BMW owners!

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i posted those pics and in my ideal collection, i would have a nice early 911 and a 2002 race car. i can relate to what you say. lots of people are always giving me crap at the races...i am always helping some friends of mine that race datsun's. i am told you arent supposed to help the competition fix their cars but if they aren't out there the race would be boring.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.