Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The below is a picture of the mounting point for the interior rearview mirror on my 1974 GTV 2000. From the little I've been able to glean, this is not the mount for the stock rearview mirror. Can anyone identify what mirror this mount might match? Anyhelp appreciated.

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
I think the middle hole is a re-do for something not from the original.. The other two holes should line up with the "break-away" bracket that was a DOT safety mandate in '74, and going back to it should cover the third hole..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the middle hole is a re-do for something not from the original.. The other two holes should line up with the "break-away" bracket that was a DOT safety mandate in '74, and going back to it should cover the third hole..
I'm thinking you're right.

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
It just makes the best sense.. ask someone who has the headliner off for a picture of the mount on a GTV .. Then you can carefully peel back the headliner there and take a peak. There probably is a tack welded plate in there with tapped machine threads for the two correct holes.... investigation is always the tie breaker on questions like this and the tracks left by past mods usually show the way through the darkness. You can then tuck the headliner back in.

·
Registered
384 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts