Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,041 Posts
117 hp @6000 rpm 106 [email protected] rpm 1497 cc.. 2489 pound car...............it's a HONDA FIT:eek::eek::eek::eek:.. morel of this story :confused: if you have a stock spider.. this car just might mess you up:eek::(

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
So will a Chrysler mini van or for that matter an Ford F150 but so what? You are driving a car with legendary history, and top down. As a daily driver, people/cargo mover the Fit is probably a better choice but what would you rather drive on a nice twisty two lane?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Strongly disagree with the IP.

A Fit is a car utilizing technology 40 years newer and with an entirely different mission. I have no quarrel with the Fit, and suspect that if I needed it for the mission for which it was designed that I would be very satified with it, as Honda builds great product well suited to each market segment that they compete in.

A Spider has an entirely different mission from the Fit. A Fit cannot compete with the Spider for its mission as a top down down driver's car (handling, not power) for a driver and his (or her) paramour on a backroad adventure with weekend luggage for two (or a picnic basket and a bottle of wine) in the trunk or behind the seats.....

On the other hand, if I needed to move some bookshelves just purchased from IKEA....

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
... this car just might mess you up:eek::(
Just looking at one messes me up, I just can't figure where this styling comes from. It's like they started with a box and a thousand people each got to tack some sort of element onto it so that in the end not a single square centimeter is left unscathed. I mean, talk about busy.... The headlights alone are enough to make your head spin. They ripped the page out of the dictionary that had the word "elegance" on it and threw it away.

·
Registered
184 Posts
never ever ever will a buxom young lass in daisy dukes and a two size to small tank top lean out at a stop sign and say " nice car mister " if you are in a Fit ........'nough said :)

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
That is ugly. Just another mass-produced dumpy dorkmobile that looks just like all the rest. I'll keep my Spider, thanks. It's got soul, panache and class.

"FIT" What does that mean. Like a seizure? In 7 years, they'll be in the junkyard and no one will even remember they existed. In the meantime, Spiders will still be gracing the streets with cool.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Performance of new cars has increased massively in the last two decades. 20 years ago a 0-60 time under 6 seconds would have put you in super car territory. Now there are a ton of different models that'll do that. My wife's Toyota Sienna van will leave my Spider (and riced out early '00 Integras - which is fun) in the dust.

The funny thing is, I occasionally get guys who think my Spider is a big "take down".

No, in 7 years (well, probably more like 14) some kid'll be beating the hell out of it. They may be boring, but those Hondas go forever.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I get taken out all the time by newer cars in my 87 spider quad. But, I always get the coolness of being unique and the only one on the road and the most appealing compliment/question at traffic lights "wow that's a beautiful car, what is it?".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts