Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just right. Not mine of course, but I'm hoping my new suspension with Centerline springs will be close to this.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was a Duetto intro photo. Note the sweet Supers. Cars sat up high to accommodate rough 60s mountain roads I assume.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
To me, this is just right.....;^)
I believe it sits on IAP reds. They were installed when I bought her.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! I think I have that picture here somewhere! I love those wheels as well.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Thanks !
The wheels/tires make a huge difference.
Here she sits on 14" steels and 185/70 tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may try a 6" steelie with original centers and hubcaps i.e. 6x15. Not too wide, stock looking, but a little more aggressive, and easily undoable. No irreversible changes to this original car! (Does that mean I have to keep my rear axle and Dunlop brakes laying around the garage.. forever..??)

These are 6x15s with the early recessed caps. (Member here from Holland I think...)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Yes, a very nice look !
Here's a pic of the whole car and one of the wife and I driving it around Holland.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, a very nice look !
Here's a pic of the whole car and one of the wife and I driving it around Holland.
Yes, that's the car! It's perfect! Did you buy it? I read that he had moved on to other projects. 2nd pic is early magnesium wheels, no?

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
A wonderful Super ! Yes, that day it had original TI Super Campies on it. Made us nervious driving around on such rare wheels !
It sold to another collector in Belgium. He has quite a collection of Alfa wheels too......

Attachments

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
width vs offset

Too wide? Maybe. Personal preference. A 7" steel can be a fat wheel on certain 105s, and there are the handling / bump steer / tramline / steering axis / scrub radius / rubbing / etc questions. Alloy changes the look. Different tire sizes on the same wheel change the look and the behavior.

So, a compromise between looks, handling, and cost.

The red Volvo has only 5.5" wheels, but obviously with a very small offset.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Notice the 105 bi-metals with hubcap ears......
some really rare stuff !

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wheel offsets

Here's a chart of Porsche 911 Fuchs wheels with the different sizes and offsets available, in a visual format. Interesting.

Have I read somewhere recently that the 4.5" 105 wheel is ET45?? That's a lot of hub cap sticking out. I'll try to measure a spare or something.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I agree, Duetto's look much better when lowered a bit. Here's a pic of mine on the standard 41/2 x15" wheels with 185/65/15's. It's on the Shankle red sport springs and has been lowered even a bit more. The red car in your first pic sits just right!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts