Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Illegal to kill it, it makes these big, splatty white poops on my car parked outside. About 3-5 big splats about 7" diameter each.....disgusting...

Wonder if the acid content is different than the smaller tweety birds, huh? Any avian biologists here?

In the spring, he preferred to sit on a different branch, on the same tree, about 6' over, missing my car all the time. Now, its different. He likes a new branch, and dumps on my hood. Cant move my car over to left or right this time. CR*P!

Good thing its not my alfa, though.....

·
Registered
448 Posts
Last January my boss told me to grab the camera and go out back of the manufacturing plant if I wanted to see something cool. When I got there I saw our resident hawk had caught himself a pigeon which he was devouring with great gusto. As I tried to get closer for a better picture he lifted his head and looked me in the eye like he was really PO'ed. It sent a chill down my spine, whatever you do DON'T MAKE IT MAD.:eek:

Maybe if you feed him pigeons he would leave your car alone. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool pictures.....Cant cut branches...too high....also, there are more above it!!!
He'lll just go higher and poop higher, then it will fall and splat even wider!!!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Very cool pictures,and i thought the idea of cutting the branch was great.Maybe a car cover or one of those temporary car tent/garages or just consider it a baptism from the alfa gods.

·
Registered
437 Posts
hawk

hawks come back to the same spot every year too. you are going to have to find another spot to park. i think its cool to have a hawk like that as a neighbor/lawnguest. gonna have to name him. how about poopie the bombardier?

·
Registered
936 Posts
my area, Conejo Valley, reportedly has the highest density of raptors in the country. pretty cool, really. sadly, with the insane explosion of development this last decade, i'm sure that won't last much longer :(

the SoCal sun is relentless. i wish there were trees above my appliance car parking spot, even though the crow population is my neighborhood is insane. they leave their "mark" on my car often enough even without a roosting tree. and let me tell you, it is very acidic. :mad: in this coastal desert canyon climate of cool damp evenings and hot arid days, that stuff will eat right through the paint in a few days :eek: i made the mistake of leaving a few splatters for a week without cleaning (i commute by motorcycle, so i didn't notice the spots), and learned my lesson the hard way.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Backyard hawk. I know he's (she's?) there when I see feathers flying around out the window.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
If the hawk were to have an accident, it wouldn't be a problem anymore.
You wouldn't want to do that - they are protected by Federal (and maybe state also) law.

·
Registered
145 Posts
mocking birds, blue jays, crows. most any of the other corvids will pester hawks (red-tails mostly, but some of the smaller guys too), especially if there are babies in a nest. perhaps trying to attract some of these might encourge a move by your resident hawk. then again, if it works..you may just be trading fewer big turds for more little ones

1 - 16 of 16 Posts