Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have just sold my 350z and looking to upgrade to a lighter, better looking performance car!
I have had a look around and today I took a manual Giulietta for a drive today out at Pakenham Alfa Romeo and I must say I am a huge fan! I can't believe how quick it was for a 1.2!
Now as I don't have much knowledge of Alfa's so I was wondering if theres anything I should be checking for? I hear it might be a little hard to get replacement parts for later on, is that correct?
Also what prices have other people got them for? There asking around the 25k mark which I think is quite good.?
I have attached a picture of the model I'm looking at:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well, you give a little and you get a little; it has better looks than the Tardis but not as much room inside.

·
Administrator
12,522 Posts
As you are in a Australia they are supported and there shouldn't be a problem with parts, etc.
Pete

·
Premium Member
15,845 Posts
Drove one of those in Italy as a rental. Enjoyed it a lot, handled very well, but had a tough time getting used to the 4400 rpm diesel redline in that particular car, seeing as my wife and I are used to the Milano and 164 V-6's, the LS being 7000 rpm.

Have an ad for one from a NZ dealership, Newmarket, Aukland hanging above my computer. It's the 125 KW 1.4 turbo version. Priced at $36,990 NZ dollars.

Not as pretty as the 159, esp the 159 wagon, but probably a better car otherwise.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
The parts issue is no different from Nissan, in fact for that car-Alfa- may be better (I used to work at a Nissan dealership (****ram Nissan) in NZ. 350Z`s weren`t sold in anywhere the numbers that Alfas were, and as they were a slow seller not many were brought in used from Japan so certainly over here, and I believe in Australia too they were not well supported spares wise apart from engine spares which they shared with cars such as Maxima and D40 petrol ute.
I wouldn`t have any concerns about owning the Alfa if you like the car. It is quite different to the 350Z and a little more sophisicated.- You could throw away that gold chain.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts