Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another mechanical problem today. :-( Slammed the passenger door (you have to slam it to properly close it) and the window crank fell off. Had to tighten the little screw holding it on. Just about 6 months ago there was another mechanical disaster - the speedometer stopped working - turned out the drive cable square ends had rounded off where it went to the electronic counter as the grease in the counter had dried up. had to re-lubricate the counter and used JB weld to re-square the end of the cable. About 5 years ago the clutch went out, about 2 years after I bought it and the previous owner told me I'd need a new clutch ASAP. Getting worried - at this rate I may have a light bulb burn out or something within the next year - that would be 5 things going wrong in 7 years. Yup, just like they told me - these Italian cars are just unreliable. >:)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Oh Boy!! Sounds like a real lemon!! You should trade it for a more reliable car like my Ford Focus. The first month after driving it off the new car lot, the gas pedal stopped working while on the freeway, Radio will not turn on, parking brake warning light stays on even when disengaged, light bulbs have burnt out, no acceleration while in 5th gear, cruise control will create sudden acceleration. Cars only a year old with 17.000 miles. Good thing I also have an unreliable Alfa Spider to back me up when the other reliable American car is in the shop!!

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Better be careful not to jinx it, Tom. After that post you'll be lucky if it ever starts again!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Better be careful not to jinx it, Tom. After that post you'll be lucky if it ever starts again!
Why are there flames coming from my garage? ;-)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I found out how to make your Alfa run poorly with very little effort. I had to do a recycling run, but the sun was out and I figured I'd take the Spider, so I loaded down the passenger side with flattened cardboard and wine bottles. If I can translate the sounds that came from the engine compartment after ten minutes, the car said something along the lines of "If-a you think I'm a garbage-a truck, I'm a gonna run-a like a garbage-a truck."

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
My girlfriend wanted to sell her car when her 8yr old, 5yr battery in her Accord died. I got her to keep the car, but when her brake lining light came on, and she needed all new rotors and pads, that was it...it was a perfectly good car! One mans disaster is another's weekend project, I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts