Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a replacement source for the red colored plastic bodied AC brand thermo switch that resides within the Spica airbox in my '79 sedan? There are no obvious part numbers on the switch itself, which has two small vacuum lines attached to it where it protrudes through the bottom of the airbox. It is AR part number 11633.08072.00

·
Registered
790 Posts
Dos that thermo switch ever do anything?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Afraid to attempt the smog test without it unless some wise member can advise me otherwise...

·
Premium Member
4,518 Posts
Go to a junkyard. It can be found in any GM air cleaner from the period.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Dos that thermo switch ever do anything?
The sensor and vacuum motor are part of the Thermostatic Air Cleaner (TAC). Their purpose is to maintain intake air temperature to 103*F (or is it 108? I forget). The temp sensor will adjust vacuum to the vacuum motor, depending on the air temp in the airbox, to move the blend door in the airbox snorkel to mix cold air from the front of the vehicle and hot air from exhaust manifold stove. That flexible hose running across the top of the cam cover carries the hot air from the stove.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I know what it supposed to do, but does it really work since most cars I've seen its rattles around in its mount.
I don't want to highjack the thread with the "tech" side. lets focus on the request,
I have several of the sensors I can send you. I don't know if they work or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts