Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one takes the prize. :surprise:

Alfa Romeo Spider 2dr Veloce | eBay

Why do people spend so much money on a rebuild and expect to get it back?

Any pre 70s Alfa would have been a better investment...

I'd love to hear the story behind this one.

NB: Hint to the seller: Put it in a sealed bubble for 50 years and then put it up for sale.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Well heck it's got a new timing belt, that's gotta be worth something right there. :whistling:

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
All I get out of this is they are selling leather interiors and unknown chassis work for $24,000 I could buy a used spider to drive and a 500C to go with it for that money.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
For that kind of money I can get a Maserati Spyder Cambriocorsa and 2 C4 Corvettes.....

·
Registered
563 Posts
So they spent around $24K to make it look pretty. How much did they spend under the hood? How much does a spritz of Armor All cost?

I feel like I am looking at a Wheeler Dealer restoration. Maybe Mike and Edd are selling it. Fantastic!

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
The have a website with more cars, but if you read the fine print the car is not yet finished, you have to buy it first. They have a $59,000 Fiat Spider too! All their feedback is for buying stuff. My 74 is pretty nice, I would sacrifice it to them for $25k so they could dress it up and get big money for it.

Kidding aside, if you ignore their pricing the cars on their website look really nice.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
The have a website with more cars, but if you read the fine print the car is not yet finished, you have to buy it first. They have a $59,000 Fiat Spider too! All their feedback is for buying stuff. My 74 is pretty nice, I would sacrifice it to them for $25k so they could dress it up and get big money for it.

Kidding aside, if you ignore their pricing the cars on their website look really nice.
Yes, if you look close the interior photos are of two different cars- one with an infotainment setup, one with the stock setup.

Someone has hit the crack pipe hard.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yes, if you look close the interior photos are of two different cars- one with an infotainment setup, one with the stock setup.

Someone has hit the crack pipe hard.
yeah, what's up with that? And for the one with the infotainment screen, they've thoughtfully done away with the center console heat/ac vents! ***?

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI Q4
804 Posts
I emailed the seller to question the different dash layouts. His answer was that the nav screen is a mockup.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I emailed the seller to question the different dash layouts. His answer was that the nav screen is a mockup.
Strange answer. If you check the web site there are two Alfa Spiders, both Gray, one auto and one 5 speed. One $37K one $47K. Most of his inventory is Fiat "Spiders" at crazy prices.

There must be a small contingent of Fiat lovers with deep pockets out there.

Maybe he needs to check with the guy that washes his cars to be up to date on his inventory. :)

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Maybe they put a Fiat engine in the Alfa, that's the only way I can figure that it could have a new timing belt as advertised.

·
Registered
101 Posts
These comments are awesome! Yes, they are hitting that crack pipe hard.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hmmm. I seem to recall looking at a 1991ish practically perfect red one locally here at a high end store that was selling for like $14,000. Pristine. Although it was red with a tan interior, so maybe that makes the difference?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.