Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working with Classic Alfa and have high praise for all aspects of the relationship. But I wonder who members might consider the U.S. equivalent of Classic Alfa or even Alfaholics?

·
Super Moderator
11,778 Posts
..Also, Alfa Parts Exchange.
I question that Alfa Parts Exchange is the "equivalent" of Classic Alfa or Alfaholics. APE is an Alfa dismantler - a one marque wrecking yard. Neither of those two UK suppliers do a big business in used parts.

While US Alfa part suppliers such as Alfa Parts, Centerline, IAP, Vick, and Spruell do a great job, I don't think any one of them is the equivalent of Classic Alfa or Alfaholics. Given how easy it is to order on-line, and how quickly parts reach the US from the UK, I'm not sure why it's important to find a US-based equivalent.

While there is no "one stop" US-based source for all Alfa parts, there are a few domestic suppliers that carry parts for obscure/older Alfas. These include:

ReOriginals http://reoriginals.com/

Auto Italia Sportiva http://thegiuliettashop.com/expanding-our-catalogue/

Veloce Space http://www.velocespace.com/

·
Premium Member
15,004 Posts
Shankle Engineering was the closest that we had to Alfaholics but sadly they went out of business many years ago. I would add DiFatta Brothers of Baltimore to the list for quality OEM type parts and Performatek for high performance suspension and brake parts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you - perhaps the only reasons might be shipping costs and the vagaries of exchange rates - fortunately, in our favor at this moment.

·
Registered
205 Posts
New to Alfa and just made my first big order from Classic Alfa. Will probably be making many more.

One tip - make sure you have a credit card that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees - which are typically 3%. It's not hard to find a card that doesn't - and typically the 1st year the annual fee is waived.

·
Super Moderator
11,778 Posts
I would add DiFatta Brothers of Baltimore to the list for quality OEM type parts and Performatek for high performance suspension and brake parts.
Absolutely! My brief list wasn't meant to be all-inclusive. Off the top of my head, there is also Eriminas, Alfissimo, ....

I think there's a list of Alfa parts suppliers somewhere here on the BB.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
From what I've seen I don't think there is a single equivalent to those places in the US. You have to combine suppliers. Classic Alfa and Alfaholics are great in that they have a similar "complete" easy-to-navigate basic parts catalog for quick point-and-click ordering to Centerline, IAP, Vick's, etc. but combined with the used, NOS and race specialty parts offered by the smaller US sources.

The great thing is that you can confuse yourself with the number of places you can order parts from for these old cars. The downside, of course, is that in a lot of cases they sell parts from the same sometimes-crappy sources....

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
I am working on it over at Alfissimo. Been working on my 105/115, gtv etc.. parts on the site. I probably won't come close to Classic but close enough I hope. No but I did want to give you all a heads up that I do not just deal in 164 stuff, been ramping up the 105/115, etc more so than before. May not have all parts in stock but can have them within a week. No Frap stuff if I can help it, highest quality I can find and know of that exist!

·
Premium Member
15,004 Posts
Jason sourced some good quality ball joints when I rebuilt the front suspension of my Spider.

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
Thanks Ed.

I am working on more, it's slow going but if you don't see what you want on the site, please ask. I most likely have it and I am sourcing some of the highest quality parts that I can. I won't put up with cheapo parts and I know my customers won't either! I'd like to earn your 105/115, Gtv etc. parts business! I also take the pain out of ordering from overseas vendors and customs charges.

The ball joints ed speaks of are made by ETS and I am also going to start carrying Birth SpA suspension parts as well as Lemforder! These are some of the best and longest lasting made.

Thank you!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts