Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In tonights show "The Unit" there is a Alfa van that was used in the show. My wife said I almost jumped off the couch when I saw it. :D Anyone here on the BB own the van?

·
Super Moderator
11,225 Posts
Humm? thought it was my imagination after looking at Alfa parts all day. Guess not!
Looked like a neat van AND didn't get blown up in the show! Actually that was part one, part II being next week. They better not trash it then!

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Tony: The episode is from the FOX TV show "The Unit," Season 4, Episode 7, titled "Into Hell, Part 1" and shows an A12 pick-up truck with canvas top in two scenes towards the end of the show. The A12 is actually only visible for a few seconds. The pictures below are two each from scene 1 and 2. (BTW: After I uploaded the pics, I noticed the A12 doesn't have a front license plate in the 2nd scene)

Most companies suppress downloads of current TV episodes to viewers outside the USA (for licensing reasons). If you want to see the whole show, try downloading a torrent file (requires download software; links to the episode can be found via this search).

Attachments

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome! had to be most likely someone in So. Calif who rented the van to the production company. The scenery is shot out in the Newhall/Santa Clarita area. Some of the shots are on the Newhall ranch and oil leases behind Magic Mtn. Thank you Ruedi for your effort. The owner could be in makeup.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Unit TV A12

Thanks Ruedi, I will try to install what is needed the next time that I am feeling brave.

This A12 is owned by Mike Harper-Smith in CA, who rents out film vehicles, see European Movie Cars and Vehicles for Rent.

Unfortunately there is little demand for film work here in England for my Romeo 2 Ambulanza, although my Citroen CX Ambulanza (ex Milan hospital & Turin Red Cross) almost made it into the Da Vinci Code...

You don't need a large SUV to get through traffic when you drive an ambulance, even if it is Italian & old!

Tony
England

·
Super Moderator
11,225 Posts
Best yet, they did NOT blow it up in part II. Whew!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
episode viewing

If you want the see the entire episode, try Hulu - Watch your favorites. Anytime. For free.. You can search the site "The Unit Season 4 Episode 7" and will be able to watch the entire episode in HD. You have to endure a commercial on the front end, but the rest of the content is uninterrupted. (I'm not in any way connected to Hulu, etc. just know about this stuff due to job.)

I believe if you "sign up" you can forward content, but I've not gotten that far myself.

GMack
74 GTV
69 Spider Veloce

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts