Alfa Romeo Forums banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Yia sou megale!! O arhigos. Looks beautiful.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
A big project on my 1750`s restoration was the interior.
As I said before the seats front & rear were the originals , I found a dashboard and the central console inside a GT 1300 Junior which I bought for spare parts .
At the trim shop we sanded down the dashboard so that the cracks almost disappeared and glued a new piece of trim on it identical to the one Alfa Romeo used , the same treatment went to the central console , all the wood parts were purchased from Hurtienne in Germany as were the switches .
The Jaeger speedometer , tachometer ,water temperature and benzina gauges all worked fine.
The old trim on the seats was removed and new one identical to the Texalfa material that Alfa Romeo used was applied.
Please see for yourselves and make the comparison before and after restoration .....

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hmmm!!! Now we are starting to imagine what we are talking about!!!
I can't wait to see her as she is now... :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Heyyyyyy TAKIS, where are you koubare? Why did you stop posting new pics? Come on, come on don't stop now. Give us the droga!!!!! :D :D

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I am sorry it took me so long to send pictures , blame it to the amount of work.
Well this is how my 1750 GT Veloce 1a serie looks today , after a total restoration between June 1996 to November 1997 I think she still is in fine condition although I must confess that the man at the body shop did make some mistakes which we tried to save before painting but she really needs another good body shop treatment to be brought to very fine show room condition .
Of course we enjoy her as much as we can ( we I mean my wife and I) she was made to be driven even hard sometimes she actually likes it my moto is that cars which are not driven as they are ment to be are the ones with the most problems.
Apart from events for classic cars here in Greece we have also been twice to Italy , she has covered so far almost 50000km with no problem .
Here she is in all her glory .....

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
a few months ago I managed to trace the original air filter system along with the curved valve head cover even the nuts on the valve cover , another find were the original Webers 40 DCOE 32 , because it is an Alfetta range engine I stayed with the Marelli Digiplex ignition and its proven very reliable .....

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
a good friend who also owns a 2000 GT Veloce presented to me 4 Cromodora magnesium wheels , I had them refurbished , the date stamped on the back of the wheels says 1972 their weight 5,8 kg and they look magnificent don`t they ???

Attachments

61 - 80 of 107 Posts