Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since I do not wish to ruin anybodys thread I would like to tell my story in a new one.
So let the pictures speak ......
She was purchased on May 30 1996 ....

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
TAKIS,

You are trully a brave and dedicated man to take on this project. The body does look very straight, which is why I'm sure you saw potential in this car. I especially like the home made grill! It may literally be from a barbeque grill.:D

More pictures please (feed our addiction).

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
that alfetta grille looks cool up front. also, i have never seen an air filter set up like that before. when are you planning on starting the restoration?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As you can see the exterior decoration of the car has nothing to do with that from a 1750 GT Veloce (lights,grill,bumpers,flashlights,rear panel,front panel) the same applies to the interior , only the dashboard is of a 1750 and if you notice closer you see that it was cut in the middle in order to fit the central console from a Giulia Nuova Super.
What gave me courage was that the seats front & back were the originals.
Everything in the interior was carefully dismantled by me and photographed.
The air filter on the engine is from an Alfetta as is the engine 01678 instead of 00548 as you can see the last owner painted the car without masking (notice the servo).
Almost three months after i bought her she went on her own power to the shop ....

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
TAKIS,

I have to laugh out loud everytime I see how the PO painted the engine bay! And, what's with the second coil? Did the original one go bad and so instead of replacing it the PO just bolted in a new one?:D :D :D

ha ha ha...

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
Wow! I'm glad to know that this piece of history is now in more caring hands. Are you going to bring it back to original? What about that 2l engine?

·
Registered
246 Posts
seems like the PO didn't not take any good care on this beauty... And, the interior after dismantle look..... awful...:( hope to see your progress photo.:cool:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
From the Department of transport I learned that I was the LUCKY 8th owner of the car.
From signora Elvira Ruocco I learned that my car was built on April 28 1968 and sold on May 29 1968 in Congo.
The car came to Greece and registered on August 8 1975 from then on the car remained in Greece and as I told before I am the LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8th owner.
Anyway after the shop the car got sandblasted and after that I confess I was a bit frightened and a lot happy.
Frightened because she was rusted in all the places the 105 coupes are supposed to rust , and happy because all the chassis members and cross members including the fenders were with no rust and in tact.
See for yourself ....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 107 Posts