Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 91 Spider Veloce was delivered!

59,000 miles. Very nice shape. Bought from a fellow Alfa BB user.
Only real issue is A/C blows warm, but I suspect that IS just a charge issue (really):eek:. A bit dirty and dusty from the trip up from NC to long Island, but this weekend it should be shining. I will take more pics then. Can’t drive it yet as I have to get it registered.
I also have a Fiat Spider, and while I love that car, the quality of the Alfa is far superior. The parts feel more substantial and better finished. Mint canvas top. Quite a little jewel. I'm going to keep it forever.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Good luck with it Sam:cool:. Now I guess your biggest problem is what to do with all the excess money that was required for those "full services.":)

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lite a cigar!
I happen to notice the tail pipe extending way down in the second pic. Is that just because it is strapped to the truck?
Congrats anyway.
Arden
Wow, yeah, I didn't notice that! :eek:

But it is fine now. :confused:

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
beautiful car sam -

congratulations.

did you travel to NC to see the car before you purchased it?

what mechanic in NY do you use in the NY area?

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
beautiful car sam -

congratulations.

did you travel to NC to see the car before you purchased it?

what mechanic in NY do you use in the NY area?
Thanks.

No, I had an inspection service look it over. I have used them before and they are pretty good.
I use Alfa Import Center in Queens. Used them for 10 years.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
congrats, looks like a great find!!

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
I still say you should have used my "guy"

Ok, enough of this nonsense:(, when we goin' ridin':confused:

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Musta been one burly taco that squeezed that baby out.

Thankfully it wasn't a c-section, as I can't even begin to imagine the scar. ('it's in breach and the top is hanging up, we're going to have to go in after it........')

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Italian cars have style, regardless of color.
True. I have a black 164LS. I sometimes think it would be nice to have the LS in Red and the Spider in Black, just so they each are in the less common color.

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
why is green such an uncommon color?
For Italian cars, yes, but not for British cars. "British Racing Green" "Italian Racing Red"

When I sold my Mondial to the dealer, he gave me almost as much for it as he did for a silver one he just bought. Mine was in very good condition, while the silver one was showroom new. The premium was just because red sells...for Ferraris.

On the Ferrari Chat board, they talk about "off colors."

That would be brown, green, Prugna (purple) some blues, etc. Other than red, mostly.

Of course, it is all a matter of personal taste. Whatever YOU as the owner likes is what matters.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts