Has the coolest sounding exhaust I have ever had
on it !! And I've had a few.
Now, if I just fix the heater,,

Attachments

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have to move a couple of Alfas to deep storage for the winter, I need to dig out my trailer. Its in front of the Meanie, where my truck tire tracks stop

Attachments

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Glenn, you know there's lots of places in the US of A where winters aren't quite that bad, man! Ever consider relocating your ops?

Seriously-- you Yanks got a lot of sand... I tip my hat to ya! Things get like that around here, I just make another pot of coffee and... screw it!

Good to hear from you...

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
That's just a little dirt as far as I'm concerned. We got it way worse over here, Salt Brine and Gravel. Look at this awesomely prepared HMA Inc. Winta Beata in all it's Glory! She plows through any winter weather you can throw at Her. I've lost 20 degrees off turning radious from the packed snow in the fender wells. On top of that check out the "SNOW Buggas" lining the sides, the ice sickles in the front add the finishing touch. At least Da New Winta Beata has HEAT!!!! Amen for that!

Da New Winta Baeta1.jpg

Da New Winta Beata2.jpg

Da New Winta Beata3.jpg

·
Registered
786 Posts
In my opinion, the best sounding exhaust on that GTV6 was the twin side outs Greg Gordon had on the car. I remember you looking for a muffler on the drive back from reno since you thought it was TOO LOUD and you couldn't hear your heavy metal music.
The twin side outs was the best sound on that car and even rated two thumbs up from the motorcycle cops in Reno when I owned the car. Putting a muffler on the system just doesn't sound as good IMO.
I also remember the heater on the car was as hot as the sun due to the mods gregs dad did with the heat valve. Did the heater core go out?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah yes, 91SpiderNV, I remember well waiting for you to meet me,
in downtown Reno, Sunday morning. A ghost town of tall buildings at that hour.
I heard you coming for a half mile away, the glorious song of the sideouts shouting from the canyons of buildings.
And I saw the Blue Meanie for the first time.

And yes, I did try to find an exhaust for my 4,000 mile drive home, only because it alarmed whole towns and warned of my arrival for hours before I arrived.
Plus, though I have played hard rock for 40 years so far, I STILL had to wear earplugs to drive it.
And THAT's saying something.

I still have those pipes.

Here is a pic that same day, I stopped for a photo op, and for several minutes, the sound echoed off the mountains.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AlfasRule, Da Beata Rules !! What a great car. And you do it justice. Yep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts