Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my GTV6 out of NJ on bring a trailer - it was advertised as rust free. Sachi lied - plain and simple. It was more “free rust” than it was “rust free.”
It is what it is. You come across People like that all the time - but “Carma” usually catches up to them and they aren’t a part of what our great community really represents.

it’s been a while since I posted. We have a ton of work going on with all of our cars all the time - but I love my lil Alfa and I love what the prospect of the project holds.

here are some photos of our progress.

remember - Rome wasn’t built in a day - so our “Romeo “ won’t be rebuilt in a day either :)

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
That is a bummer. Watched a bit or your YouTube video you posted on BaT. Looks like you’re doing well by the car. Will be awesome when done.

I have often wondered how it is that BaT functions to ensure things like this don’t happen. I can’t imagine that most buyers go see the cars before purchase. So without a “seller rating system” of some sort, not sure what keeps sellers from being less than honest whenever they feel like it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a bummer. Watched a bit or your YouTube video you posted on BaT. Looks like you’re doing well by the car. Will be awesome when done.

I have often wondered how it is that BaT functions to ensure things like this don’t happen. I can’t imagine that most buyers go see the cars before purchase. So without a “seller rating system” of some sort, not sure what keeps sellers from being less than honest whenever they feel like it.
They don’t do anything and if you watch out build you’ll see the reason why who’s always PPi.

here was today’s work :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
i don't know what those last pics are from, but good luck with getting the rust removed from the car. Just saw your youtube video. once the clean metal goes back in and you can move forward !

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i don't know what those last pics are from, but good luck with getting the rust removed from the car. Just saw your youtube video. once the clean metal goes back in and you can move forward !
All about the journey

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I echo the 'Bummer' comment. Nasty rust in all the wrong places! At least this car has an owner who will correct those issues vs calling the scrapyard.

On my own GTV6 project, I knew it would take a long time to complete all aspects. I had saved out a hood that was in pretty nice shape (now), but may develop creeping rust (from just sitting in the garage) by the time I got to mating it to the body. So I took it to my 'detail' body guy to help reduce the chances of it being rotted from potential rust hiding in the cracks and seams over time. He actually poured some POR liquid down into hidden corners and tight places while rotating the panel to make sure every crevice had some protection. Then addressed any tiny rust on the exterior underside that was visible. And then gave everything his gun could get at a fat coat of primer. At least now, when it's time to drag that panel out for a final paint, there will be a maximum of good metal to work with.

Good luck on completing your project. I only need to win PowerBall to get mine finished. Baby steps, in my case.

Peter

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Side marker delete - Like that. Wiper elimination - bold move, but definitely a cleaner look.

Reactions: Ballvice
1 - 20 of 32 Posts