Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Washougal, Washington isn't that far...I made it from Pacific raceways to my door at 87th court and Holgate in east Portland after the Historics in 2 hours and 15 minutes, in my 2009 Hyundai Accent 4-door!!! This ****box with a 1600cc twin cam 4 valve per cylinder motor and nothing but a computer chip actually hit a REAL 118mph. It will go faster as soon as I have the suspension work and new wheels and tires put on, which the Hyundai dealer is paying for in exchange for running the dealer logo on the side of the car. It will basically be an SCCA IT car that is street legal, with a roll bar where somone can still sit in the back seat. Back to Alfa "film at 11".... :p
Stu, quit knocking yourself out....start the UGH ***. of America (United Group of Hyundai Associates) and have your own convention.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I'm thinking I need a similar one for the other side of the tv. Do you mail them and have others available that would fit better?

I like the painting better than the red 72 spider with bad brakes and a few other problems that I bought the same day, so far! We will see which one lasts longer. Paintings don't rust, right?

Richard
Another painting is a great idea! Jerry's work is very cool. It's a pleasure to see him at the conventions, spend time with him and his wife, and enjoy the great work that he offers.

As always, we had a great time at the convention. The AROO folks hosted a fantastic event, and everything went smoothly. Thank you AROO!

It was also great getting to put more faces to the names, meeting fellow BBers. I hope to see many at next year's convention!

Best regards,

·
Registered
72 Posts
And to cap it off, I was nearly home north of Seattle driving next to the car pool lane. A Ferrari 355 convirtable was motoring up in the carpool lane and as it went by, the blond lady in the passenger gave me a big thumbs up.
Merril

·
Registered
93 Posts
Fantastic convention, PIR's new surface is excellent. Great food, great comaraderie! A little disgusted watching a really class act on Sunday, helping himself to the shrimp, throwing the tails on the floor and then grabbing crab claws and leaving, this was the same individual who wore a Boy Scout Official uniform at the opening reception which is not authorized by the BSA. I'm sure his reasons for this will follow the pattern of the rest of his 6121 posts, it's all the board's fault!
Ciao, Joe

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
There was shrimp?
And crab?
Boy did I miss that!!
Then again, I would have just gotten my fingers messy and left prints all over that beautiful artwork AROO presented as trophies. :^)

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
I was really enjoying reading this thread, since I was unable to attend the convention in Portland which is where I grew up. And then Mr. Schaller chimes in with his usual grouchy comments.
One more time...use the ignore button if you don't like what I have to say...or is it that you just want to read my posts where I give out information free of charge, but not read anything else I have an opinion on???

·
Registered
9,247 Posts
There was shrimp?
And crab?
Boy did I miss that!!
Then again, I would have just gotten my fingers messy and left prints all over that beautiful artwork AROO presented as trophies. :^)
I believe they were in the food area next to the lobby (where they were set up about 6:30 AM). They were not for the AROC brunch (maybe for the attendees of the dog convention that also seems to have been held at or near the hotel).

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
I'm sorry...but I believe that the ONLY 'Politics' you experienced were in your head, Stu. I happen to know that the convention organizers bent over backwards to try and accommodate you.
You are entitled to your perception...but IMO things were the other way around....bending over backwards does not mean charging me $200 to be a vendor at the concours without telling me ahead of time instead of after the fact, and holding my models "hostage" until I paid!!! Bending over backwards does not mean that in the convention brochure saying that the models will be judged SEPERATELY from the rest of the art show, charging me $20 to enter 6 models, and then not awarding anything to either me or the only other person that entered the models competition. I tried to reconcile with the AROC, and was even willing to possibly rejoin after a 25 year absence...but in view of the attitude you and others have expressed, I either want an award, my $20 back, or I will be forced to take legal action, just like Cheryl Braden did, over "principles"...

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
I believe they were in the food area next to the lobby (where they were set up about 6:30 AM). They were not for the AROC brunch (maybe for the attendees of the dog convention that also seems to have been held at or near the hotel).
They were part of the hotel's own $26.95 brunch...

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
You are entitled to your perception...but IMO things were the other way around....bending over backwards does not mean charging me $200 to be a vendor at the concours without telling me ahead of time instead of after the fact, and holding my models "hostage" until I paid!!! Bending over backwards does not mean that in the convention brochure saying that the models will be judged SEPERATELY from the rest of the art show, charging me $20 to enter 6 models, and then not awarding anything to either me or the only other person that entered the models competition. I tried to reconcile with the AROC, and was even willing to possibly rejoin after a 25 year absence...but in view of the attitude you and others have expressed, I either want an award, my $20 back, or I will be forced to take legal action, just like Cheryl Braden did, over "principles"...
1. This is certainly NOT the place for you to make accusations against the AROO convention organizers! Please take up your complaints with the convention staff directly instead.

2. I have not seen any attempt on your part to "reconcile with the AROC". This most recent post of yours is clearly much more of an attempt to sling accusations and slander against the organizers of the convention.

3. I will not further comment on the issues you raised, as those are the sole business of the AROO convention organizers and yourself. However, I am inclined to believe that the difficulties you experienced were not in any way the responsibility of AROC, AROO or the Convention organizers.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
1. This is certainly NOT the place for you to make accusations against the AROO convention organizers! Please take up your complaints with the convention staff directly instead.

2. I have not seen any attempt on your part to "reconcile with the AROC". This most recent post of yours is clearly much more of an attempt to sling accusations and slander against the organizers of the convention.

3. I will not further comment on the issues you raised, as those are the sole business of the AROO convention organizers and yourself. However, I am inclined to believe that the difficulties you experienced were not in any way the responsibility of AROC, AROO or the Convention organizers.
The threads in this section are about things that happened at the convention; both good and bad. Cheryl Braden and others have posted about various problems they have encountered with AROO and AROC in relation to the convention. I have tried to resolve the issues through communication with various AROO people, but some simply do not return phone calls or e-mails. This IS AROC and AROO politics, and I just wanted to make EVERYONE aware that the nonsense still continues.

You were not privy to certain conversations I had with various people at the convention about ending the political problems between AROC and myself, which have lingered on for almost 30 years.

Perhaps you are unaware that I was on the BOD of the So Cal chapter for about 15 years WITHOUT BEING A MEMBER OF AROC. They asked ME to be on the BOD as they couldn't get enough people to do the work needed. This was in site of the fact that during that period, I was living in England 70% of the time, and in the US only 30% of the time!

Maybe if you knew more of the FACTS about my history with AROC instead of your perceptions of what happened, you would express a different view of what I have to say!

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Maybe if you knew more of the FACTS about my history with AROC instead of your perceptions of what happened, you would express a different view of what I have to say!
No. I stand by my opinion that THIS public forum is absolutely the WRONG place for your accusations.

·
Registered
130 Posts
SNO award

As Oregon Director of SNO and AROO member, I will consider the appropriate award for such an apparently outstanding effort. Perhaps something like "Oregon Director's Outstanding Recognition" award, tho being such a long title we'd have to use the acronym.

Let me think on it.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Stu, check your messages at home

Stu,
I called you on Tuesday AM at 10:08 AM and left you a message on your home machine to call me back, so that we could talk.
Its Thursday AM and you have not called me.

We are responsive.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is snot, Is Stu

This muttering and stuttering ‘bout AROO’s convention and all
Has prompted a pause to test my recall.
Of a former bb poster, not so distantly past,
Another know-it-all whose Spider was excessively fast.
On the bulletin board he’s known as Etceterini
The value of his posts rarely exceed the size of his weenie.

On the excellence of Hyundais he is so quick to brag,
Perhaps D-Douglas should challenge him to a drag.
If you post a “for sale” ad for a car rare and fine
He’ll likely query you, “What’s your final bottom line?”
With his rants about AROC, he’s excessively mulish,
Boooooring, I say. It’s all really so foolish.

Before the Portland convention his moans were incessant,
To grace them with his presence free of charge and not pay like the peasants.
The convention just over, now isn’t this cute?
His first posting after -another complaint to boot.
“Boo-hoo. Boo-hoo. No awards did I receive.”
You got what you deserved. That much I perceive.

An academician you are, of that we ascertain,
With the motto “publish or perish”, you've become such a pain.
Grow up. Move on. Make your postings count.
Instead of writing your drivel to see the numbers mount.
A PhD times three is a claim he oft cites.
How happy we’ll be when Simon administers last rites.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Back to the original thread...

While I remember to do it, I downloaded some pics from the Friday Mt. Hood tour. I was following a nicely restored GTA Jr. and Sprint along some of Oregon's best roads. I wish I could have taken videos, the sounds were incredible! Also took some pics of the GTA Jr. at rest when we stopped at Timberline Lodge.

David Khoe
'69 GTV (about 2500 miles later)

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Here are a few pics from the concours on Saturday. I only took a few pictures, only what I thought were especially interesting, such as the two beautifully restored Giulia sedans. The two ladies in the last pic are driving a very original Giulietta spider in a celeste blue color with bright red interior. Stunning combination!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
it's spelt too, not stu

I lost my ignore button, but found these from the concours.

Attachments

101 - 120 of 173 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.