Alfa Romeo Forums banner
61 - 80 of 131 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,526 Posts
This is SPECTACULAR! I've seen another old Veloce brought back from as far gone as this one, as a pure labor of love. The end result was essentially a new Spider as the entire car was gone from 2/3 the way down the doors. This thread is, for me, wonderful, as I've owned my own '65 Spider Veloce from new in late '65. Every time one is saved, it makes me very happy. These are wonderful cars to drive, but due to the chassis design, most have turned back to dirt and dust. Those that spend the effort to recreate them as they were have my thanks.

·
Registered
'giulia spider sixteen00
101 Posts
awesome skills, but why build an ordinary spider rather than a TZ, for example ? :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
12,526 Posts
The 64/65 Spider Veloces are pretty special themselves. This on completed will be a real car where a TZ would be a replica. This one will have a history, where a replica does not.

Reactions: PSk

·
Administrator
15,245 Posts
The 64/65 Spider Veloces are pretty special themselves. This on completed will be a real car where a TZ would be a replica. This one will have a history, where a replica does not.
Thank you. No matter how good a replica is, it is still no better than a home built special. Made by 'Pete' means nothing to the motoring world
Pete

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
This car was a spider. Why do anything else ? :)

Reactions: PSk

·
Super Moderator
12,526 Posts
WoW!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
it can't be seen, but it's a lot of work !!

·
Super Moderator
12,526 Posts
Noooooo. I send customers photos of my own restorations, with comments between photos.. "moments later". Whew! NO moments later...

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
So I have to put comments between the photos ? :D

·
Super Moderator
12,526 Posts
Just for those that might believe this type work is easy, quick and simple. Anyone who has done it KNOWS!

Reactions: Sergio105

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Does the gtv project know you are spending all this time with the other shapely figure?.... Something is going to go sideways, you can just feel it... :)

·
Super Moderator
12,526 Posts
Yo Chris.. Did you MAKE the door frame?????!!
Te Veloce air pick up I've seen done before, loaning my '65 spider Veloce to make a pattern, but NEVER a door frame!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Ray, as you seen all the doors are new and hand built....

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
This is extraordinary work. One does not need to be an artisan to appreciate the undeniable excellence of what has been accomplished thus far! Every installment provides additional opportunity for us to be amazed.

Chris, I hope you have taken a great many more photos than you have posted, so that you can create a video of stills that chronicle this entire process.

To address a previous point, I understand, and completely agree with, the wisdom of preserving a genuine Giulia Spider Veloce, (I would love to have one). To the Alfisti who guard the genuine articles and preserve the legacy, the Alfa community must never be without you. However, if someone replicated, as accurately as possible, a Typo 33, 6C 1750 Gran Sport, or a 250 GTO, and gave it to me to drive for a year, I would be thrilled beyond words and would not give a hoot about it not having any history of its own. At 72, I have plenty of history for both the car and me.

I'm glad that there is room, and appreciation, for both.

Ray

61 - 80 of 131 Posts