Alfa Romeo Forums banner

The OFFICIAL ARSOC May Time Trial & Race Thread

12K views 125 replies 28 participants last post by  Jorge Mazlumian 
#1 ·
On Memorial Day weekend, AROSC will beholding a Time Trial, Race, and Enduro at Buttonwillow Raceway. It will also be the Charlie Thieriot Memorial weekend. After the enduro, a track side BBQ will be held and some of Charlie's old friend will be there to talk about how they knew him and will provide us with many stories that will guarantee us to laugh for hours.What more can you ask for?

Who is going?

We will be taking all three cars. I'll be racing the GT Jr. in Alfa Cup and Fabrizio will be tearin' it up in his Giulia Super as well. The both of us will also be time trialing the GTA that weekend.

#2 ·
I'm hoping to go (TT) in the milano, but still too early to know if it will fit my schedule.

Jes

#3 ·
Thanks to Anthony for doing my job for me. By the way, I don't want to discourage you from future efforts on my behalf, but if you want to get on the BoD and maybe become Il Presidente - youz gotta work on grammer & tri uzin spel chek.
I'll be there with the Ti and hopefully get some competition from Dirk's SZ. :cool: It's been a year and he can't keep ducking me. :p

#7 ·
Come on up

Calling all ancient warriors... Dave (the slave), Hector, Chuck, Tony, Ole, Craig, Fog, Allen, Dr. John, Tina, Phyllis, Bill, Dino, Guliano, you all know who you are... If you don't show up the rest of us will be free to make up fabulous lies about you, so come protect yourself. The era we are going to cover on Saturday night is so long in the past that I, for one, will be making up most of my "recollections" as my actual memory is apparently defunct with age. Be there or be square.
Rick (Bear) Clemente :p :p :p

#11 ·
My car is new to TT. To get it put into the right class, do I complete the class form from the AROSC website and submit it with my application? Or do I just list which class I fit on the application, after having figured out the points on my own?
Or further, is there some special novice class for TT newbies? Thanks

Andrew Watry
74 GTV figuring at 183 points in Class E

#12 ·
AROSC Classification

Andrew

Bring your filled-out classification form to the track with you. Then, look up Jum Ferris, our new Classification Director, and he will go over the form with you, make any necessary changes, sign it off, and put it in his book. In the TT entry form go ahead and fill it in for Class E but be prepared for a change in case there's something you missed filling out the form.

Doug Bender
AROSC Competition Director Emeritus

#15 ·
Norman Silverma said:
If you haven't received your registration you can download from the website home page - www.arosc.org

I'm preparing myself and the car as if I'm going to be there, but I won't know until the 26th if I'm going to be able to go because of work. Is there any problem in just showing up Saturday Morning to register, other the $20 Late Fee? I would be running TT only. I've already taken care of the tech inspection a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks.

#16 ·
Since you already exist in the database showing up on Sat morning WITH YOUR TECH SHEET is less of a hassle for Registration.
Be sure to be there EARLY and first in the Registration line.
Of course showing up at the last minute is "Choice B" with the club, but you have to work with your personal scheduling first.
Hope it works out.
See you out there.

#19 ·
Do it Jorge. We need to make this the biggest Alfa Cup field ever. Anyone have an entry list of the Alfa's singed up so far? I know we have 4 cars:

1. me in the GT Jr.
2. Fabrizio in the Giulia Super
3. my cousin Gianfranco in his GTV
4. Rick Clemente in his GTV.

Gifford, Nizam, Jorge, Peter, Doug, Bruce, Marco, Art, Andy, Larry, Phil, Chris, Uwe, Jim? Hello?

#21 ·
Jorge, get with the program! If you're talking about it, you want to do it. You built you car so you could drive it didn't you? My car is signed up for the lot, TT, Alfa Cup and Enduro. I plan to ware it out a few times before I have to hang up my driving suit!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.