Alfa Romeo Forums banner

81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
italcarguy said:
With the gearing we have in the cars and the small tank, I figure we'd have to make a minimum of 3 gas stops....I am not gonna spend that much time in the pits.
Hey Anthony:

Tony A2Z is going to be there. Maybe he can show you how to rig up a 55 gallon drum inside the car like he did for the Cannonball Run....

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm not running the Super in the enduro because I need to save my tires for the 2 hour enduro I'm doing in June at Willow Springs with VARA...but if anyone needs a co-driver you know where to find me :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
The number of excuses and (ir)rational that Anthony has used not to run the enduro is only surpassed by Dirk's avoiding me in Class H Time Trial. Dirk claims he's been invited to compete in Germany this weekend :rolleyes: Talk about extremes of avoidance. :D
Will anyone be there in an Alfa with under 150 points???

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi Norm,

I'll be seeing you this weekend ( and bumming a ride hopefully ) and If I get spousal approval I'll meet your challenge for a 150 point car. All it'll take is time and money and ......

Dan

·
Registered
239 Posts
13 cars entered in the Alfa Cup race so far!

Now we just need to get Doug Bender, Andrew Cupp, Al Bourdet, Jim Ferris, Gianfranco, Jorge, Hector, Anthony and Fabrizio in the Enduro. And what's your story, Rick? I hear Peter may do the enduro......

·
Registered
239 Posts
Peter, Michael or Pierre (not sure which - in the SSZ) and Bruce.
Terry Manchester is bringing his '65 Giulia Spider, but isn't signed up for race (yet), and I see Art Russell is signed up but not racing (yet).

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
argtv7 said:
Peter, Michael or Pierre (not sure which - in the SSZ) and Bruce.
Terry Manchester is bringing his '65 Giulia Spider, but isn't signed up for race (yet), and I see Art Russell is signed up but not racing (yet).
Nice. I saw that SSZ at Willow last fall. Hopefully they got it all fixed. We gotta get Terry and Art to sign up for the Alfa Cup. A friend of mine from VARA is thinking about bringing his C Sedan GTV as well. Should be a good turn out. No GTV6 or Milano's?

·
Registered
239 Posts
SSZ at Willow.

Yeah....I recall being the one driving the SSZ when the right rear axle broke in turn 6. Hard to forget.... That car is REALLY fast! Could probably do low 1:30s at Willow. At least it didn't break in turn 8 or 9.

Also, Alan Lambert is signed up w/ his GTV6. I think he's racing.

It's still a pathetic Alfa turnout for the enduro. You guys should be embarrassed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for a great weekend!!!

Must say, I can't think of anyplace else I would have rather
been this weekend.
Thanks to everybody who made this such a great event!
- Judy

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #93 (Edited)
What a great weekend. There were tons of cars out there and perfect weather. Thank you to everyone who put on another great event.

It was a blast driving the GTA around Buttonwillow. I think with a set of good race tires, that car will really move.

The GT Jr. put out another great performance.....gas n' go all weekend.

Congratulations to Rick Clemente for breaking the Class A track record I set a few years ago in time trials. I am gonna need to enter my race car in time trial next year to get it back!

It was great to have all of Charlie's buddies with us all weekend (Rick, Gene, Craig, Hector, and Chuck)...you guys made the weekend that much more special.

Here are a few pictures I had emailed to me this morning:

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #94 (Edited)
Simon was there on Saturday taking pictures and video clips. I'm sure he has some good ones to post.

It was nice seeing familiarr BB'ers there: smestas, sniady, jrclem, geneo, super-racer, redverde, ar4me, normansilverman, sidewaysalfa, geh458, azzurrigtv, speedyal, brucecolby, argtv7, 76alfetta, jorgemazlumian, slaysman, alfapwr, alfacupp, 75evo, andrew, judy, gtvpete, and alfabender. did i miss anyone? i didn't realize that many of us were there! we shoulda taken a picture....next time.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I wanted so much to be there but my vehicle is not nearly ready. I am thrilled such a good time was had by all.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
75evo said:
It was a great event! I may not go to WSIR anymore, but I will sure frequent BW!
I hope to see you there again. I wanna see you three wheel that Milano around the track a little more!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Anybodyelse got pictures? I hate seeing Alfas basking in garages. Sorry, Anthony. What about the enduro? Has anyone REALLY checked out Pierre's SSZ? That car has American LeMans Series history, you know, and two SCCA National Championships! And it's pink!

·
Registered
199 Posts
What a great weekend!! I had a blast in my Verde out there. I was sure the brakes were going to fade on me but they were absolutely perfect the whole weekend. It was my first time trial and I was more than pleased with my weekend. Alfa club will be seeing alot more of me in the future!

81 - 100 of 126 Posts