Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 60 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
Andrew
the picture is old, from when they were just painted. otherwise they are OK, certainly useable for practice, etc.
I would let them go for $100. You can see them this Saturday at B. Willow.
I will be in the garage # 1.
Jorge
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Bruce is a madman!

Not much more needs to be said about <that>!!! :)

I'll be there. First time at Buttonwillow! Is there any shade to be had?
I'll also be looking for rides, or, somebody experienced to drive me around
(my car or theirs) just to get "up to speed"....

Dreading that drive up at the beginning of Memorial Day Weekend.
(but at least this time there won't be snow on the grapevine!!!)...

What's the scoop with Charlie's memorial? Another 2 minutes of silence? :(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Judy said:
Not much more needs to be said about <that>!!! :)

I'll be there. First time at Buttonwillow! Is there any shade to be had?
I'll also be looking for rides, or, somebody experienced to drive me around
(my car or theirs) just to get "up to speed"....

Dreading that drive up at the beginning of Memorial Day Weekend.
(but at least this time there won't be snow on the grapevine!!!)...

What's the scoop with Charlie's memorial? Another 2 minutes of silence? :(
Hey Judy,

You'll like Buttonwillow. It's a technical track with a little bit of every kind of corner (hairpin, sweeper, esses, elevation changes, etc.). It does not take very long to get used to.

Traffic is not going to be fun going, but shouldn't be bad going back home Sunday evening.

They will be having a BBQ at the track and Charlie's long time buddy and crew cheif, Rick Clemente will be speaking. I haven't heard much more than that.

This weekend should be fun, I can't wait!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Judy -
There is a large air conditioned tower at start/finish with an outside deck, a large air conditioned room on the first floors with tables and chairs, a gift shop, bathrooms etc. and a room for Novice classes and meetings on the second floor. Attached to the building is a large cement covered patio with misters where we will have the barbecue and presentations. If you don't have a garage or a pop up tent it will be hotttt :eek: . Bring plenty of non caffinated liquids - I just found out that caffeine adds to dehydration.(?)
No silence for Charlies memory, in fact it will probably be more like a posthumous roast. I don't want to encourage anything, but an historic Charlie food fight has been rumored. :D
Great track with about every corner late to very late apex. Bring the brass ones.
I'm going to try to get over the grapevine by 2 or 3 on Friday, unload at the track and maybe walk it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Food available at the track?

Is there a snack bar or anything like that at the track???

(thanks)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Judy said:
Is there a snack bar or anything like that at the track???

(thanks)

Yes, there is a snack bar. Also, if you go out the gate and make a right, there is a mini-mart and gas station about 3 miles down the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,090 Posts
I'll be heading up from Laguna Niguel Friday after work - suppose traffic will be a nightmare... To make things worse we will be driving 2 cars to give my wife some flexibility at the track with our 2 1/2 year old.

To better gauge experimentation I have purchased a lap-timer from plavanracing.com as referred by Anthony previously. However, what are the logistics of the transmitter on the pit wall? My impression is that if 10 people put one up, it will get all messed up - not even sure how many people use this particular device, maybe no one else...

Jes
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
AR4me said:
I'll be heading up from Laguna Niguel Friday after work - suppose traffic will be a nightmare... To make things worse we will be driving 2 cars to give my wife some flexibility at the track with our 2 1/2 year old.

To better gauge experimentation I have purchased a lap-timer from plavanracing.com as referred by Anthony previously. However, what are the logistics of the transmitter on the pit wall? My impression is that if 10 people put one up, it will get all messed up - not even sure how many people use this particular device, maybe no one else...

Jes
I usually check the wall before first session on Saturday before putting up my transmitter. I have the old style Hot Lap timer. I am going to check with Chad at Plavan Racing if both our systems will work on the same transmitter. Bring yours up just in case they are different.

Maybe I'll see you in traffic going up the 5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
I also have a set of 4 double spoke 15" Team Dynamics wheels that came out of my Milano. Dirt cheap.
Hey Jorge,

What are you looking to get for the Milano wheels? I might be interested. Do they have tires too?

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,090 Posts
Sounds good Anthony. Where (at what height) do you have your receiver on your car? I think the two systems will be compatible. In that case it makes sense to have the receivers at similar height. I'll bring the transmitter and a tripod. Though, I don't have a good power source...

Jes
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
AR4me said:
Sounds good Anthony. Where (at what height) do you have your receiver on your car? I think the two systems will be compatible. In that case it makes sense to have the receivers at similar height. I'll bring the transmitter and a tripod. Though, I don't have a good power source...

Jes
I have mine pit wall height which is about 3 feet high. Mine works off batteries, you need to plug yours in?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,090 Posts
No, it takes internal batteries (4 AA) or an external battery (12 v car). I thought the internal batteries would not last the entire weekend, and perhaps you would typically bring a spare car battery to power it. Anyway, if yours run off internal batteries for the entire weekend just fine, mine should too.

Jes
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,166 Posts
I sent in my application but haven't gotten anything back. Should I have? Is there an exact schedule of events posted somewhere? AROSC website?

Thanks

Andrew Watry
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Jes,
Since we are using two different types of hot lap timers, we both need to set up our transmitters. batteries usually last me all weekend, just turn it off at the end of the day.

Andrew,
You won't receive anything in the mail. Just go straight to registration in the morning and they should have your name on the list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
913 Posts
Andrew said:
I sent in my application but haven't gotten anything back. Should I have? Is there an exact schedule of events posted somewhere? AROSC website?

Thanks

Andrew Watry
Andrew,

Nothing will be sent to you prior to the event. Just show up and go to Registration (usually in the Snack Bar under the Start/Finish "Tower")Saturday AM with your tech form. There'll be a schedule available at Registration and on the flip side you'll find your car number. We do our best to provide the number you requested but somtimes there are conflicts.

If' you're not sure what to do or where to go, just start asking the people around you. I'm sure you'll find someone who can help.

See you Saturday,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
913 Posts
Andrew said:
What's the show-up time on Saturday? 7:30-8:00? I already got teched. Thanks

Andrew
According to the flyer, the track opens at 7:00 AM, Registration and Late Tech are from 7:00 to 8:00 AM and there is a Mandatory Drivers Meeting each day at 8:15 AM. I'm sure we'll try to stick as close to this as possible.
 
41 - 60 of 126 Posts
Top