Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Jorge, get with the program! If you're talking about it, you want to do it. You built you car so you could drive it didn't you? My car is signed up for the lot, TT, Alfa Cup and Enduro. I plan to ware it out a few times before I have to hang up my driving suit!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Enduro Question

Chris and I will be running a supercharged Miata in the enduro. Does anyone have an idea how long is the track we are using? I'm trying to figure out fuel stops.
Thanks,
Phil Guiral

·
Registered
374 Posts
Re: Alfa Cup

OK! count me in. I'm easy to convince.
Bruce, it's not the car I was worried about. I AM the rusty one!!

Jorge

73 GTV
89 Milano Verde daily driver

·
Registered
913 Posts
That's more like it Jorge! Now, how about the Enduro? There wouldn't be anything rusty left on you after that.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Bruce Colby said:
That's more like it Jorge! Now, how about the Enduro? There wouldn't be anything rusty left on you after that.
Bruce
I admire your stamina. Time trial, Alfa Cup AND Enduro?
My engine life is measured in hours, and my own body in years, not decades.

The Alfa Cup will do this time.

Jorge

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm in........ like Errol Flynn.
no Enduro this time tho..... cervezas sound better than driving another 2+ hours at that time on Saturday.

·
Registered
333 Posts
You only have to drive 2 x 1/2 hr sets or 3 x 20 min sets or 4 x 15 min sets, etc. etc. :rolleyes: I mean, Fred Hamilton, if he's there will drive his 93 Buick for 3 x 35 min sets on Sat and he's 91!!!!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
italcarguy said:
Do it Jorge. We need to make this the biggest Alfa Cup field ever. Anyone have an entry list of the Alfa's singed up so far? I know we have 4 cars:

1. me in the GT Jr.
2. Fabrizio in the Giulia Super
3. my cousin Gianfranco in his GTV
4. Rick Clemente in his GTV.

Gifford, Nizam, Jorge, Peter, Doug, Bruce, Marco, Art, Andy, Larry, Phil, Chris, Uwe, Jim? Hello?

I've decided to go, work be damned. I mailed my entry just this morning, I'll be running TT only.

·
Registered
642 Posts
which day to come ?

Hey y'all,

I am coming to the race for one of the two days. Sunday would be best, although I could come saturday around noonish. My goal is to check out time trialing in general, ask a lot of ( probably stupid ) questions, check out Fabrizio's Super, and hopefully borrow a helmet and bum a ride or two.

Which day would be better ?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
913 Posts
Alfapwr said:
Hey y'all,

I am coming to the race for one of the two days. Sunday would be best, although I could come saturday around noonish. My goal is to check out time trialing in general, ask a lot of ( probably stupid ) questions, check out Fabrizio's Super, and hopefully borrow a helmet and bum a ride or two.

Which day would be better ?

Thanks,

Dan
In order to go out as a passenger, you'll need to find someone with an AROSC Time Trial License who also has 5-point harnesses on the passenger side. You'll also need to sign the release form and be wearing all the proper Time Trial safety gear.

As for the better day, well Saturday involves practice sessions all day and the Enduro at about supper time (there are no passengers in Race Group). Sunday is practice sessions in the AM, then timed sessions and races in the PM (races are last of all). Either way, you get half a days shot at finding a ridealong so it depends on which, if either, of the race events you'd prefer to watch. One other thing, while the Enduro is running, we put on a no host BBQ. The food has always been very good so that might swing it towards Saturday if you can hang around.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I find that when I take a passenger for a couple of laps I really focus on trying to get it right. Look for the Blue Ti #105, the slowest car in the club. I have an extra helmet, gloves and I do keep 'Depends' in the pit :D and wear ear plugs so I'm not distracted by the whimpering and occasional screams :eek:
Saturday is probably best - working out the glitches, getting the timing and rhythm, spend time with the instructors and sometimes sitting in with the Novice Class. Sunday the game face is on.

·
Registered
572 Posts
i hope you guys have fun, i wouldve been there in my delapidated fwd 164 but unfortunately i cannot go due to a unexpected epileptic fit and prom. Hopefully the food will be good this time!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the technical info Bruce. It looks like I'll be coming up saturday after I recover from the graveyard shift.

Norm, I'll definitely be seeking you out and tagging along incessantly. I have nomex gloves and shoes so I'll only need to borrow the helmet. I hope to sometime soon be your competition in my own slow Super !!!

BTW, what time is the Novice class ?

Dan

·
Registered
374 Posts
By the way, for all of you interested, I'll be bringing a set of 4 Cromadora wheels 14", shod with Khumhos Victoracers that have 1-2 practice sesions left on them. I need to get rid of them, so they'll go for cheap. They are the school-bus yellow wheels that my GTV became so in-famous for. They make for a very good backup set.
I also have a set of 4 double spoke 15" Team Dynamics wheels that came out of my Milano. Dirt cheap.

Jorge
And finally, I also have a new, never used towbar. If anybody interested, I can bring it too.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 126 Posts