Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you remember that 60's or 70's movie The Italian Job? Or even the video Game? Well a remake of the movie will be coming out next month, and the synopsis of the movie is that a bunch of thieves steal money then make a clean getaway, while driving (New) mini coopers through the streets. The movie has strong actors like Edward Norton and Charlise Theren, and takes place In Venice and L.A. . You can check out the movie trailer out at www.italianjobmovie.com

·
Registered
208 Posts
Do the mimi coopers gat chased by alfa cop cars, I bet their bmw and bmw pay big bucks to promote the two cars. Either way it should be cool to see.

Anyone ever make a list of movies that feature alfas. I kind of remember a Roger Moore James Bond giving chase in a GTV6. The movie was made back when this was a new car. Anyone remember this movie? "Fletch" has a good little alfa chase.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nothing compares to RONIN!!! Although, it would have been better with an ALFA. Now that I think of it, they had a BMW, Mercedes, a few Citroens, a Peugeot, a very cool Audi and even a boxy van but no Alfa! No respect man!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think the Bond mvie was Octopussy there was a GTV6 in the movie I believe.

alfacupp said:
Do the mimi coopers gat chased by alfa cop cars, I bet their bmw and bmw pay big bucks to promote the two cars. Either way it should be cool to see.

Anyone ever make a list of movies that feature alfas. I kind of remember a Roger Moore James Bond giving chase in a GTV6. The movie was made back when this was a new car. Anyone remember this movie? "Fletch" has a good little alfa chase.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i agree Ronin is a great movie for it's car scenes. Have any of you guys seen "The Bourne identity"? Matt Damon Drives a (old) Mini cooper like a pro through the streets of switzerland (i belive) and takes the car down stairs, thorugh alleys, etc.. Cool movie!!

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Will probably be a cool movie, BUT it's called the Italian Job, should have alfa's, rawries, lambo's. Then again it's a italian job, and doesn't mean you really need a italian car. Would be cool if they did have em though.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
8 1/2

Talking about Alfa in movies, my friend and I raced to shout out the model name of Alfas when we were in the class - Three Italian Movie giants. (Movie history)

I thought we saw like 10 movies, with over 100 Alfas in them. Well, Alfa in Italian movies, make sense. :D

There was a scene in one of the movies, the main actor was drifting a Giulietta Spider along Italian country roads. Couldn't find that movie in DVD or tape though (it was in 8mm)

Forgot what car it was in the opening scene in 8 1/2. Help, please.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I've gotta look up the original Italian Job the next time I'm at Hollywood Video. Shouldn't they change their last name to DVD?

I dig the chase scenes in Ronin and the Bourne Identity. I'm surprised though that no one has mentioned the grand daddy of all chase scene movies, Bullitt! The songs from the 440 and 351 Cleveland are SWEET!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
How about Transporter? Any good chasing scene with those Peugeot and BMWs? I was going to rent the movie last time I was in Blockbuster. Looks like Ronin style.

Another car chasing movies I like are the Taxi 1 & 2 (the French one), it's kinda stupid (406 transformed into a touring car) but pretty fun to watch.

I still have to rent the Bullitt, actually, I am waiting for the Le Mans DVD to come out so I can buy both Bullitt and Le Mans toegher. :D

67GTV said:
I dig the chase scenes in Ronin and the Bourne Identity. I'm surprised though that no one has mentioned the grand daddy of all chase scene movies, Bullitt! The songs from the 440 and 351 Cleveland are SWEET!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bullitt??

Bullitt sounds familar but i am not sure i have seen it. Is it the movie made in San Francisco with Mustangs being chased by other muscle cars?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Steve McQueen rules!!

Yes, that is the one.
Even Mustang has a special Bullitt edition now. :D

I haven't seen the whole movie neither, just the chase scenes.

Azzurri GTV said:
Bullitt sounds familar but i am not sure i have seen it. Is it the movie made in San Francisco with Mustangs being chased by other muscle cars?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Someone was sayig that Ronin would be better if there was an Alfa in it. Look closely in the chase in the tunnels under Paris. There's a 75 that gets run into a concrete pillar. There used to be a site that had Alfa tv and movie sightings, but I can't seem to find the URL...

Ciao,

·
Registered
992 Posts
Yeah, the Videowall has some incredible car chases involving Supers and BMWs. I was totally blown away at how nimble the Supers are.

Check out the Starlettes as well. Specifically look at the one for Luciana. There is a great photo of her leaning on a mint red GTA.

It's a fun site.

·
Registered
170 Posts
alvin moreno said:
Nothing compares to RONIN!!! Although, it would have been better with an ALFA. Now that I think of it, they had a BMW, Mercedes, a few Citroens, a Peugeot, a very cool Audi and even a boxy van but no Alfa! No respect man!
You know, there actually is an Alfa in the chase. You have to watch it with your eyes peeled though...it happens in the tunnel, a Milano gets creamed. It's a split second that you see the car. Anyone else notice that scene?

·
Registered
170 Posts
While we're on the topic of Alfas in movies...has anyone seen "Excellent Cadavers"? It was a made for tv movie on HBO, but I rented it from Blockbuster once. It IS FULL OF ALFAS. The main characters drive Milanos, there are 164s, and others. There are chase scenes, explosions (unfortunatlely they blow up Alfas too). I went back to try and rent it again, but they no longer stock it - wasn't popular enough. You should try movie rental places around where you live, they could have different selections.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts