Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The GTA/GTAj/GTAm have been depicted by artists in many forms. Paintings, sketches, sculptures, prints of original work, race posters.

I thought I would start this thread to encourage posting of pictures of examples of the art work. So we can see what is out there.
Identification of the chassis depicted and/or source of the work is welcome.

First pic a centre fold from Sports Car Graphic 1967? and reprints are available today.
Second a centre fold from Road and Track and sold as part of a set at the time
Third a limited edition print by Bill Stoud
Fourth a Photocopy enlargement of an advert in a Mid_Ohio race program Depicts AR 752 507
Fifth from Shankle Engineering promotional material or catalogue.

My criteria is for pictures of Paintings, sketches, sculptures, race posters. Models and photographs have other venues here on the BB so don't need to be included here.

Ciao

Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
More GTAs as Art

Fouth pic a limited edition print sold by Alfa Ricambi

Attachments

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and More GTAs as Art

Attachments

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Back in the late 60s I had 2 posters taped to my bedroom walls. One was a Ferrari 250 TR the other was a large glossy one showing a red GTA three wheeling. I sure wish I still had those posters today!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Many years ago in the Paddock at Lime Rock, during The Vintage Fall Festival, I spotted a young man driving a well-patined MG TC. I flagged him down and asked if he would like to have a mint owners manual, one that I had had for about 30 years in a bookshelf.

He asked what I wanted, and I said not a thing. Why, he asked. I said it was because he obviously enjoyed his TC as I did mine. I'm an artist, he replied, where are you parked, I'll make a water color of your race car. Which he did. The water color was framed and has been displayed on the wall of my den ever since.

I dont know how to up/down load pics to this site, otherwise I would be happy to share it with you. Or, if someone who can, gives me their email, I can forward the pic.

David

·
Registered
179 Posts
Great story David

That's the kind of stuff you just never forget. Please find a way to post that artwork. I'll bet many people would love to see it including me.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is the water coulour of David Rivkin's GTA that he refered to in a previous post

Attachments

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Magnaflow Poster-2007

Don't know the original size of this poster/flyer

regards

Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gta #25

The 2 renderings, (pics 1 & 2) of GTA #25, 752507, were taken from the 1970 Photo from Road and Track Magazine (pic 3).

The art was done in 1984 by Mike J. McGraw, a friend.

The first is a 8" x 11" pencil and ink sketch and the second is a 6" x 9"
sepia toned and hi-lighted enlargement.

Ciao

Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The first Print of a red GTA, measures 68cm x 49cm and was offered in Dec 1985 for 4.00 UK by the AROC-UK.

The second is the cover of the November 1980 Alfa Owner-USA. I will PDF the Owner Article, "What Ever Happened to Horst Kweck's Trans-Am Alfa" in the Trans-Am thread on this BB.

Ciao

Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Variations on a theme.

enjoy

Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GTA Art from BOBCOR Catalogue

The picture is a scan of the first page of a BOBCOR catalogue. Showing a sketch of GTA #25.

Note on the sketch, the Minilites on the front and the Campies on the rear and the decal placement, just like the pic of the #26 GTA from the same catalogue. Not as on the #25 pics from the same catalogue.

I think the artist or BOBCOR took some licence.

Ciao

Ken

Attachments

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Ken, nice pictures. I was curious as to the date of that Bobcor catalog. I grew up blocks from that address. That's where I learned to drive a stick, in a 73 or 74 GTV! My brother-in-law (at that time) also bought a Duetto and had me strip it for parts.
Thanks
Armando

1 - 20 of 76 Posts