Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Alfa Spider 1750 veloce.
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
I purchased a filter king regulator/filter combo (glass bowl). I am not sure where to mount this bad boy. I would have guessed that Alfa had a spot, ready to go but i cant find it. The car was SPICA, converted to carbies.I had thought that it was to mount on the inner passenger side fender, there are 2 bolts sticking out there. the kings mount however doesn't line up. anyone have a picture?
Yet again, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay. No pics. someone has to have 1 of these on their ride. Can anyone tell me where and how to mount?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
hi

The problem is the spica was different than a FISPA. Look up a 67 fispa (on search) and you can see the difference. A large bowl and small bowl fispa line up for mounting, but the SPICA was a different manf. so different mounting pretty sure. Many people simply use and inline filter, I did for many years, and call it a day.

Lucky for you, the carbs are much more forgiving so you can use many different types of filters and be OK compared to a SPICA.

·
Super Moderator
11,133 Posts
Yea, here's the relevant picture from the thread Dr.G references:

A little web browsing found this photo of a Filter King:
Is that what your's looks like? If so, it seems to mount in a manner similar to the stock FISPA filter-regulator. Could you make a bracket out of sheet metal and mount it similar to the one shown in the picture above? Perhaps secure it to the inner fender using pop rivets or sheet metal screws?

·
Premium Member
16,232 Posts
I made an adapter bracket to mount the glass bowl filter assembly onto the studs for the original Spica fuel filter assembly. Will take some pics if you'd like.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I made an adapter bracket to mount the glass bowl filter assembly onto the studs for the original Spica fuel filter assembly. Will take some pics if you'd like.
That would be great. I would have thought that Alfa would have a pre drilled area, even though the spica was in this car. In the photo above, that looks original, and i don't have that. oh well, the SPICA mount might be a good safe place thats easy to access as well.
Thanks for all of the replies.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, here's the relevant picture from the thread Dr.G references:

A little web browsing found this photo of a Filter King:
Is that what your's looks like? If so, it seems to mount in a manner similar to the stock FISPA filter-regulator. Could you make a bracket out of sheet metal and mount it similar to the one shown in the picture above? Perhaps secure it to the inner fender using pop rivets or sheet metal screws?
Yes thats the one that I have. There is a flat metal plate included, that I suppose is a mounting bracket. My car doesnt have that bracket.
I am curious to know how the euro alfa's were mounted from the factory.

·
Premium Member
16,232 Posts
The bracket is 1x1 aluminum angle with holes drilled in the appropriate locations. It's coated white to match the car (rather, what the car WILL be). Last pic is shows where the bracket will mount.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts