Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya gang, I'm just trying to get a bit of a grounding on the humble alfetta, I pick up a 1975 1800 with a spare car in the upcoming week and hope to have a bit of a crash course by then on what to look for as far as upcoming issues go, what to modify to bulletproof one of these as a track day car..

and what the best **** mod you made to a nord motor was for horsepower, what would you do, given a blank canvas?

Heres a couple of pics, including the donor with 'speed holes'

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Old road car to Race car

Strip, rebuild/repair Roll cage, race seat, rip out Brake booster, rebuild engine or at least a stripdown and inspect, new wheels with proper race tyres, upgrade brakes etc.etc/

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And it's home, planning to have a closer look one weeknight and over the weekend, hopefully get the mouse smell out of it, drop fluids and take it for a good back road run

What should I be looking for first guys?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
She barks!

Few little electrical gremlins, only had lights by holding the dipper stalk back towards me, made for an interesting moment when the unlatched bonnet lifted at 4000 in third and I realised it probably a good idea to try my brakes for the first time in the dark

Brakes are good by the way

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rainy day here, the fetta's at my shack, out in the elements.

Just going through the basics with my kids (5 and 9) and am a little bit taken with just how much interest my 9yo daughter has taken in playing with the car,

Bleeding brakes, between showers, looking at those spaced out 15x6.5 superlites, hiding what looks like twin piston stoppers, just wondering how well they'll pull her up hard before things start going wrong..

Some action shots

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Make sure all fuel lines, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator connections, clamps and hoses are fresh.. Before you drive it. My Alfetta went up in flames on the first drive 2 miles out... Be cautious, and have a fire extinguisher at the ready. Make no assumptions about the hoses. Assume they are faulty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts