1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thank goodness you didn't mention the Easter Bunny.:D Now that democracy and common sense seem to be dying I've gotta have something left to believe in:eek:

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank goodness you didn't mention the Easter Bunny.:D Now that democracy and common sense seem to be dying I've gotta have something left to believe in:eek:

That's why I left him out:D

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
The Drugs Weren't Mine

she says :rolleyes:

and, there's a tooth fairy
Santa Claus is real
Charles Manson was framed
I'm going to win the lottery
I'm soon to find a low mileage TZ in a barn sold by someone that doesn't know their worth, bla, bla bla

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/ny-etlohan0726,0,1510841.story?coll=ny-homepage-mezz
We're setting up for a Paris Hilton replay. The media was camped out at the Santa Monica jail when she bonded out yesterday morning. I'm more interested in if she will get the same treatment as far as harshness of sentence in comparison to what other actresses/actors have received under the same circumstances/charges as Paris did. There have already been indications/speculation that she will be going to jail unless she has a "smarter" attorney, who has already put her back in rehab, considering she was driving with a suspended license, under the influence, and felony possesion of her "friends" drugs that were hidden in "her" pocket, after the first incident leaving the scene of an accident in Beverly Hills when she wrecked her MB and was also DUI over the Memorial Day weekend. Should be interesting.

Just too young, too much fame too fast, and too much money with not enough things to do with it except sniff it.

·
Weaving a Spider's Web.
1,154 Posts
............and don't forget, parents with major issues. The reformed ? alcoholic dad wants to be a dad :confused:?? again and the mom wants to be her friend??:confused: great role models.:(

However, she is a grownup now and has to take responsibility for her actions.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
"The drugs aren't mine."

I'll bet the police officers have heard that so much that they don't even think it's funny anymore.

Been hearing a lot on TV about her "youth" and how other around her have let her down. Right. Sorry, but she's legally an adult with the societal responsibility that goes along with that. We've got a lot of young MEN younger than her right now serving in Iraq doing gut-hard fighting for a lot less per year than she pays one of her prancing dog-walkers. She needs about 6 months in a real prison. Maybe then she'll grow up.

rant on . . . . .

The reason these pathetic self-centered celebs keep getting away with it is that the fans who adore and support them have lives that are just as screwed-up. The celeb's stupidity, arrogance, and reckless disregard for the lives of their fellow citizens validates and justifies their fan's pathetic existence.

. . . . . rant off

As you might tell, I have little tolerance for drunks and druggies.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
We've got a lot of young MEN younger than her right now serving in Iraq doing gut-hard fighting for a lot less per year than she pays one of her prancing dog-walkers. She needs about 6 months in a real prison. Maybe then she'll grow up.

The celeb's stupidity, arrogance, and reckless disregard for the lives of their fellow citizens validates and justifies their fan's pathetic existence.
Just a quick point or two (ok, maybe a bit of a rant!):

1. There are also lots of young women in Iraq (and Afghanistan) who are putting their lives on the line everyday. There are also plenty of young women and men who are setting stellar examples of behavior in many other ways...they are in our colleges, workplaces, playgrounds, summer-camps, etc.

2. Sports, music, TV, movie and political stars get away with WAAAAAY too much!! There IS a 'class-based' judicial system, which means that our jails are filled with the (guilty) poor, while the equally guilty rich get to go home. Just as it is with health care, the rich are always very well-taken-care-of (how much will it cost me to make this all go away?).

3. Whatever happened to the idea of personal responsibility? When did it become perfectly acceptable to blame errors and bad behavior on our parents, our society...anyone except ourselves?!?!?

4. Lock this little tramp up and make an example out of her! I don't want her to continue to be recognized as a 'star' (oh, and that applies to all the other stupid and spoiled celebs out there too!)

There! My ex-patriate Canuck liberal rant is over.:D

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Registered
432 Posts
1. There are also lots of young women in Iraq (and Afghanistan) who are putting their lives on the line everyday.
You don't think Lindsay puts her life on the line? Obviously you haven't been following current events. Her celebrity and her antics justify and entertain the lives of those that have no lives in the same way that some people are convinced and entertained by the idea that the United States went to Iraq to liberate it from Saddam. People need things to "believe" in...whether its political or entertaining. When you look at it objectively, both are very funny in similar ways.

2. Sports, music, TV, movie and political stars get away with WAAAAAY too much!! There IS a 'class-based' judicial system, which means that our jails are filled with the (guilty) poor, while the equally guilty rich get to go home. Just as it is with health care, the rich are always very well-taken-care-of (how much will it cost me to make this all go away?).
It won't cost anything. Those that have more get more. Even if you throw money at the situation those that are smarter will find ways to get more of it and hence buy better quality services whether its health care or judicial. It's always been like this...even in communist countries. It's natural.

3. Whatever happened to the idea of personal responsibility? When did it become perfectly acceptable to blame errors and bad behavior on our parents, our society...anyone except ourselves?!?!?
Who did she blame?

4. Lock this little tramp up and make an example out of her! I don't want her to continue to be recognized as a 'star' (oh, and that applies to all the other stupid and spoiled celebs out there too!)
This will make her more famous.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Did you guys see the pic of her with the ankle braclet and the surfboard??? WOW! I hope she gets in a lot more trouble so I can see more pics like that!! Ha!

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
The Drugs Weren't Mine...

Just a quick point or two (ok, maybe a bit of a rant!):

...2. Sports, music, TV, movie and political stars get away with WAAAAAY too much!! There IS a 'class-based' judicial system, which means that our jails are filled with the (guilty) poor, while the equally guilty rich get to go home. Just as it is with health care, the rich are always very well-taken-care-of (how much will it cost me to make this all go away?).

...There! My ex-patriate Canuck liberal rant is over.:D
I couldn't agree more that justice is not meted out equally; while justice may be blind, it's very definitely blinder if you have money, means, influence, and know how to go about getting what you need to make it go away. A little bit more difficult when it is so "public," but not impossible.

As an example of rich vs. poor --- a friends mid-20's daughter with no previous DUIs, drug posession, suspeneded license, etc. was given substantially more than Paris for much less. She was coming home from a party, granted she blew a 1.2 some hours later at the police station. She was on a lonely country road, no one in sight to help or to harm, she fell asleep at the wheel, rolled her sports car, and ended up in a ditch. Awoke and was trying to figure out how to get her car out of the ravine when help arrived, you know that b/w kind w/sirens.

Anyway, the DA wanted two years in jail with all the plusses. She ended up after many thousands of dollars spent on attorney's fees and plea bargaining receiving: 11 days in jail w/work release, $5k in fines, her license taken away except from work and school, having to complete an alcohol and abuse program, and 3 years probation. When all are completed her record will be expunged. Pretty tough for a first time offender as compared to what Paris, Lindsay, and others have done and received so much less. Money, position in society, and hoards of other things come into play in our "blind" justice system.

And this is in no way condoning what she did, but simply an illustration of how our "equal" justice system works.

As far as health care, I won't even go there. You have to be your own advocate and read and question constantly unless you want run-of-the-mill health care. You are an easy victim in that system...once again the poor, the polite, and the uneducated bear the brunt of the system. Even when you're not in that category you have to know your rights and exert them to get adequate care.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts