Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's going to Ft Lauderdale? Alfas on the beach!!!! Visit Stephen's Alfa in Pompano Beach, a must for any Alfisti! See everyone in Florida. Safe trip to all!!!!!!! The general.

·
Registered
11,888 Posts
You can't put an Alfa on a beach ... even close to a beach!!!

This is very dangerous activity and I hope you guys are prepared for the worst ... remember it never sleeps.

Such irresponsible behaviour ;)
Pete

·
Registered
150 Posts
Seeya!!!

I'm going to be there..my first...haven't decided on whether to attempt to bring my car, an 88 Graduate. Not particularily confident it will make it, only owned it for about 3 months and haven't taken any road trips whatsoever. The new top is also about 2/3'rds on so that would definately have to get finished. Rain is a given in Fla this time of year!
At the same time I'm thinking why go and not be able to enjoy? It would be like going to the movies with blindfolds & ear plugs.
Hasn't stranded me so far, burning a bit of oil, no leaks and the temp gauge runs 170-175 solid. Guess I'll have to take the plunge sometime, just would feel beter knowing the drivetrain had seen a closer internal inspection.
If I bring it, I'm thinking of entering the judging , certain to take the sympathy prize...they do have one , don't they???;)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Take your Spider. it'll make it! If it runs for an hour it should run all day, right? :p

I took my poor 78 Sport Sedan to the Nationals in New Mexico, I know it was the crappiest looking car there but it had a blast and so did I.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
We just got back and had a great time! Everything went reasonably well, and there were some nice cars at all the events. I wish I had more expereince at tracks, as I might have done a little better at the Moroso event, but oh well.

One thing I really liked was the separation of the concours- I think I saw more cars than I expected, quite a few in the non judged class.

The overall concours car was an incredible Giulietta Berlina, which was PERFECT, scored 105.5 out of 100. Very cool.

Eric

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Whoa, de ja vu. :)

I am looking forward to seeing some pictures from the convention!

Here are a couple shots I took of last year's convention. For some reason I only took pictures of the GTV's. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At the convention was the most amazing barn find. A 55 (I believe) Super sprint Zagato. The car was a shambles, however, had all the original running gear and had a racing pedigree. It had won the Mille Miglia. The barn find sold for $75,000 and the owner is not planing to restore. I wish I'd taken photos but I forgot my camera. Maybe someone has photos. It was right next to the Giulietta Berlina. By the way, in my 64 I have the Ikea snake on the rear shelf, but the guy with the Giulietta Berlina had a hand carved, wooden, jigsaw puzzle type snake (with the human in mouth-seperate piece) and as you take apart the puzzle and approach the belly of the snake, he had engulfed a BMW!!!!!!!!!!! It was outrageous!!!!!!!!!! It was commissioned by the owner when Alfa had recently defeted BMW in class!! That was wild!!

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I was thinking about purchasing the Ikea snake, but I don't think I can. It would bite me at least once a day. With my driving conditions.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Just remember, we here in Washington State are hosting the convention in '05! Great weather, (mid 70s to mid 80s in the Summer, low humidity, no bugs to speak of, great views and activities, super track events!
PLAN ON IT! It'll be a blast!:D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Free Rental car rubber

I'll be there and up north next year as well, too far to drive on my schedule. But as the title suggest that won't hold me back from competing in the track events!
artart

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Cool pictures. So that you all know, I think all of the autocross pictures were taken before the first rain storm. At least looking at the cars competing... None of the non-Alfas that we aksed to dry the track are in the photos, nor are those of us who ran after the SECOND rain shower.

The photographer was sure in a great spot for the event!!

And as the event chair, I'd like to make a special note of the 2 relatively stock Giulietta Spiders who are running!! If you have one, don't be afraid of running it- they are TOUGH little cars. It was SO cool to have them at the event!

And we do need to thank the Gold Coast PCA club, as they 1) got the lot for the SF AROC group, and 2) drove their official runs in the wet so that AROC drivers had a dry course! Talk about a great group of drivers!

Eric

1 - 17 of 17 Posts