Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The convention's here!!!!!!!! Who's going? Let's wish all a safe trip and a good time for all. Dretceterini, will you be there? Kai? Snaidy? Papajam? Joe C? Paradiso? etc, etc? Let's promote the marque and have a good time.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
The convention coinsided with my boss's vacation - I lost.:(
Safe trip to all!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Thanks for the mention Gen. Unfortunately I can not make the trip. Have fun and make sure you promote AlfaBB! :)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
It was my intention, too much to do at work. Couldn't take enough time off right now to drive down and back. Somehow, it didn't make sense to go without my car.
Next year'll be easy!

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
All of you who will be attending the convention and don't have you official alfabb decal, buy em before you go! hopefully, next year we will have enough money to have a booth or sponsor an event at the convention.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,406 Posts
This will be the first year in a long time that I have not made the Nat'l Convention. Unfortunately, a few things conspired against me this time. Oh well, next year...

But I do have to seriously question AROC's decision to hold the convention on a holiday weekend (for the 2nd year in a row). Here's why:

1) busy roads, busy hotels, etc.

2) lots of police enforcement on the roads

3) many people have perennial family events planned for this weekend

What do you all think? Most Alfisti I have talked to would really rather see it a bit later in the summer.

Joe

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Or earlier in the summer...

Isn't it quite humid in Florida this time of year, then again when is it not? I think they should do it earlier on in June. Last years Alfiesta woulda been a bigger success had it been on a non-holiday weekend.

Also, isn't next years convention supposed to be on the west coast? I thought they switch off every other year?

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
AFAIK, the 2004 Nat Convention will be in Mass. sometime in July. And the Pacwest region in 2005?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,406 Posts
Anthony,

They don't switch between coasts every year. The procedure is that when an AROC chapter wants to hold a convention, they presesent a plan to the board who then chooses the best proposal. My fear is that one year, nobody will want the job.

I agree that last year @ Alfiesta things seemed a bit underattended. The date probably had a lot to do with it.

Joe

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
2004 will be hosted by the New England Chapter (AONE) in MA/NH. I don't know if the dates are set in stone. I agree that around July 4th weekend is probably not the best time to hold the event. Mid June would make more sense form a temerature point of view as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts