Alfa Romeo Forums banner
861 - 880 of 926 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Hello to you all.
And a merry Christmas and a happy new year, to you all. With a hope that we concur corvid 19 in 2021
I found some new pictures, or at least pictures I don’t remember to have seen before. They are from Le Mans 1958 and 1960. With #01944 driven by Ubezzi. And the # 03249 that had a huge accident in 1958, driven by Lauge and Herbert

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am still searching for some nice pictures of 02348 in the following races. Does anybody have some in their archives:

- 7th April 1958, Coupe Internationale de Vitesse 3 heures de Pau, France, No. 71 (when still a "normal" SV) with Edgar Berney on the wheel. I only have one in the parking ground, but no race action... (apart from showing Sergio Bettoja in another SVZ).

- 3rd August 1958, Nuerburgring, with Marcel Stern (CH) on the wheel, No.84. Only have a paddock picture... now already SVZ

- 31st December 1958 – 2nd January 1959, Criterium Neige et Glace, No. ???, Edgar Berney (CH) and Jean Gretener (CH), registered VD-31728. I have never seen a picture from this event...

BR

Tim

·
Registered
64 Posts

I received the sad news that Theo Geither (owner of 02348 from 1959 to 1961) passed away this past August in his home in Marbella, Spain. This is him on 11 September 1960 at the Gaisberg in Austria, when the car was no longer yellow, but already blue (post Spa crash). I tried to get the same license plate for the car when we moved into city center Munich in 2015, but could only get M-CP 636. If I remember correctly, in 2009 he told me that "CP" were the initials of his girlfriend at the time... maybe I prefer 636 after all. RIP, Theo !

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I am sorry Tim.

But I don’t have any knowledge on where you probably ca find them.

But I do have 2 pictures that also is new to me.

Jacques Rey - George Burggaf in #02158 start number #31 .

I don’t know in what event this picture I from. Bu it could be Tour de Alps. As I thin it is in the Alps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hi Tim,

From pictures on the Net about the 1955 1900 CSS Zagato barn find that was for sale I thought in 2014 .
Seats seem to be new but the headliner could be old.
Ths is of course no SVZ but maybe interesting for comparing.
I found the picture on Car-Revs-Daily.com
If the picture is protected, I will delete it of course, I show it here for educational purpose only (in caso: for your research)

Rgds,

Thierry

·
Registered
10 Posts
[QUOTE = "tim buttkus, message: 8602281, membre: 7458"]
Chers amis SVZ, quelqu'un a-t-il une photo de l'intérieur d'un SVZ qui montre la garniture d'origine et la position des arcs métalliques? Ma voiture est équipée d'un vinyle noir rayé assez vieux et bon marché, qui est collé directement sur le toit. Dans la section C, la garniture de pavillon est complètement absente - il n'y a qu'un trou dans la peau extérieure en aluminium - où je soupçonne qu'une fois il y avait une garniture de pavillon appropriée qui la recouvrait. J'envisage de mettre une bonne tête d'affiche. Quelqu'un peut-il aider? Certains autres propriétaires peut-être? Ou quelqu'un avec une photo de l'intérieur d'une voiture d'origine? BTW: Je serais tenté d'installer le motif de diamant de la 1ère série Sprint. Des vues? BR Tim
[/CITATION]
Bonjour Tim,
Ici j'ai des photos du SVZ 2488. Intern (et externe) est rouge et avec le même vinyle. Je pense que c'est totalement original et très bien.

Moderator Edit - Translation: Hello Tim, Here I have pictures of SVZ 2488. Intern (and external) is red and with the same vinyl. I think it's totally original and very good. - End Edit

·
Administrator
4,395 Posts
Bonjour Swissmask

02488 est l’ex-Jean-Pierre Schild voiture, s’il vous plaît ne poster quelques photos de la voiture, je n’ai que des photos de lui dans la période

I translated your post above, 02488 is the ex-Jean-Pierre Schild car, please do post some more pictures of the car, I only have pictures of it in period

Salut
Greig

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
[
Hi Tim,

From pictures on the Net about the 1955 1900 CSS Zagato barn find that was for sale I thought in 2014 .
If the picture is protected, I will delete it of course, I show it here for educational purpose only (in caso: for your research)

Rgds,

Thierry

Hi Tim,

Rgds,

Thierry

View attachment 1665982
Dear Thierry, thank you so much for posting the picture of the CSS Zagato interior. You are right, there seem to be so many elements similar to the SVZ: the striped vinyl glued directly to the roof, the support "beams" across the roof at the B and C pillar "hidden" with an aluminium frame, the "straight" metal/wood line below the windows, the aluminium frames around the windows... Thanks A Lot again ! BR Tim

·
Registered
64 Posts
[QUOTE = "tim buttkus, message: 8602281, membre: 7458"]
Chers amis SVZ, quelqu'un a-t-il une photo de l'intérieur d'un SVZ qui montre la garniture d'origine et la position des arcs métalliques? Ma voiture est équipée d'un vinyle noir rayé assez vieux et bon marché, qui est collé directement sur le toit. Dans la section C, la garniture de pavillon est complètement absente - il n'y a qu'un trou dans la peau extérieure en aluminium - où je soupçonne qu'une fois il y avait une garniture de pavillon appropriée qui la recouvrait. J'envisage de mettre une bonne tête d'affiche. Quelqu'un peut-il aider? Certains autres propriétaires peut-être? Ou quelqu'un avec une photo de l'intérieur d'une voiture d'origine? BTW: Je serais tenté d'installer le motif de diamant de la 1ère série Sprint. Des vues? BR Tim
[/CITATION]
Bonjour Tim,
Ici j'ai des photos du SVZ 2488. Intern (et externe) est rouge et avec le même vinyle. Je pense que c'est totalement original et très bien.

Moderator Edit - Translation: Hello Tim, Here I have pictures of SVZ 2488. Intern (and external) is red and with the same vinyl. I think it's totally original and very good. - End Edit

View attachment 1666287
View attachment 1666288
Bonsoir Swissmark, merci beaucoup pour mettre ici votre photos de l'interieur de 02488. Tour les deux sont tres important pour mon recherche d'un interieur correct pour 02348. Aussi, je suis tres content a voire - apres beaucoups de temps - finalement des photos nouvelle de la voiture Schildt. Merci beaucoup !!! Tim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all of you, dear Greg,
It's a long time that my friend Antoine Kohler (founder of the Registre Suisse Alfa Romeo 40 years ago...) and me search the SVZ 2488 (ex-Jean-Pierre Schild, Geneva). After the sales in 1990 in Paris (from Rosso-Bianco collection), it was impossible to know where is this car ! But last year, after a conversation with "Tipo 160", we have a great suspicion that 2488 is in France. We have do a long 'work with all of our documentation (Antoine Kohler has do a little book for the story of the SVZ in Switzerland, particularly 2488). For that, we have more photos and papers and Tipo 160 too. In december I were at Geneva to the office for the immatriculation and I've bought the papers (homologation for example) for justificate all the theorie we have.
Reality is now I've propose this incredible SVZ to a great collectionneur in Switzerland and he has immediately bought this Giulietta.
The car isn't in good condition and now the decision is : Total Restauration !!
Here I post some photos before 2488 see go out of the garage with a trail.
(Sorry for my bad english...)
Yves

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow. It is great that 2488 is back! It would be fantastic - in my opinion - if in the restauration the front would be put back to its original shape. Thanks a lot, Yves for sharing this here ! BR Tim

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hi Tim & Yves,

I couldn't agree more.
The early front that we can see on Greig's pictures is so fantastic.
It looks so agressive, .... what a bad boy !
And that color .... thank you Greig !
Rgds,

Thierry

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
To me the early SVZ form is the most satisfying aesthetically - distinctive from both the SV and the later SZ and also least seen now ...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hi all,

The car seems to have had the big French Marchal Equilux lights, at least during some races.
You can see the particular recuperator 'occulteur' inside the light .
Those light units were the ' Nec Plus Ultra' of the Marchal lights at that time.
They were used on other high class Italian cars too. ( Ferrari, Lancia ,... )
Would Zagato have experimented with them on that car or were they added in its French periode ?

Rgds,

Thierry

1957 Marchal catalog:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
The first of the SVZ. They looked more aggressive than the later design on the front. But I would not call it pretty. The picture of the front of 01944, I did see back in 1956. Then i did find it ugly, compared to the original Giulietta Sprint. But to me Zagato has not in general been pretty. One can like them for their effective design.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
In the hunt for more history of 02348 I removed and stripped the wooden pieces below the rear quarter light that form the support to fit the inner panels to (missing on my car). Findings: the metal below the wood has a single, greenish primer. Presumably original. The wood itself had 6 layers of paint: 1.) brown foundation, 2.) black paint, 3.) green metal primer, 4.) thick white filer layer, 5.) bright red paint, and 6.) finally again black (2 layers). No sign of the original yellow (1958), or subsequent blue (1959) paint. Presumably, layers 1+2 were original, 3-4-5 are from a post 1960s paint job when the car was finished red, and 6. is from the restoration in 1980s. Looks like I will need to partially replace some rotten parts of the wood pieces (they are beautifully curved in 3 dimensions to fit the gap in the metal perfectly) and then they will go back in brown primer and black finish, as initial... and remove the non-correct diamond shape vinyl in the door / rear quarter frame and fit plaint black vinyl inner panels, instead. Like the panels visible also in 2488, and elsewhere in the recent postings... BR Tim

Attachments

861 - 880 of 926 Posts