Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
John, I've logged your query with the Administrators, I can see an edit button in every posters post in the technical section & I can edit my old posts in the Giulietta section

Your flag looks much better !!

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Post 16 for example. It says "edited" but does nothing when clicked on.

With no location listed, it defaults to some other flag.

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
Without getting into the nit-grit...I understand change.. When i received a check every two weeks we swallowed hard and marched on .. The most important thing about change implemnetation is to produce a product that was at least REMOTELY servicable to the audience. A person in IT would have to be versed on how this site is used by the customer by running through a regular usage perameters of the old to make the new not necessarily better but serves the needs of the customer. It appears the inventor of the new had no idea how the old was used. If there was no involvement by the moderators, not their fault, to walk through the process which could have taken up a couple hours on the phone, then the inventors are flying by the seat of their pants and don't have a clue what made the old so user friendly and well designed.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Gotcha. What I don't see is my control panel and private messages, or whatever takes the place of that now. You know how I find it?
Andrew
Andrew, you sign in and click on your avatar which gives your account details. PMs are now conversations. Us old guys will take forever to remember all the new moves.

k

·
Premium Member
15,488 Posts
Typical of almost all software coders, in that they have no clue as to what the average user really wants, and what they won't put up with. How many times have we fought with a newer version of some code where it has been modified into just more pain for the average user, and eliminating previously used options or steps. But it's new, it must be better. Sure.

·
Premium Member
13,330 Posts
How do I do an advanced search? Example filtered for key word, poster and forum

·
Premium Member
15,488 Posts
Wanted to add, nothing is as clear and up front as it used to be.

"What NOT to do: - Well loud complaining and multiple angry posts won't change anything, have a cup of coffee & relax, we're all going through the same growing pains right now....

I repeat: Autoguide owns the site, they pay the bills, so they call the shots - Thanks to them, we still have the BB as a resource"

Sorry, not impressed with their setup, and don't appreciate the attitude.

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Where are all the threads that I saved under different file names? I use to click on subscriptions then click the box and click on one of the file names.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Saw a little red #7 by my avatar on home page. Clicked it and it was "alerts"

Found this there

WTHedoublehockeysticks is that?

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I'm with Del and Roadtrip. The old version had more info per page . This new format wastes a lot of blank space on each page. Looks like something from a kindergarten book. Guess I won't be a paying subscriber any more.

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Everything is so large...Any suggestion on reducing fonts, so maybe one can fit more than one post at a time?

No other complaints, gotta do what you gotta do, well aware, if you are the 'scalino type'....:)

Regards, Alberto ....

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Hmmm, guess the ads have finally caught up with me. Thought I had my browsers configured just right as I used to see minimal ads. Think my visits will become less frequent as it’s not easy on the eyes.

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
Adblocker works for me.. it is not invasive in my computer ( Windows 7) and is totally transparent and there are no fees or e-mail junk mail reminders of updates or any other configuration issues from them.. I haven't seen an ad on ANY site including google search sites in years including this one. Check it out

21 - 40 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.