Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks, the BB migration has happened, it's early days and there will still be some adjustments - Just live with it, this is a move by Autoguide to run a common underpinning for all their BB platforms, it simplifies their lives and reduces overheads. The site is owned and run by Autoguide, so they call the shots !! Capiche !!

The Moderators just keep the member side of things running smoothly, we don't have access to the Tech stuff in the background, so don't shoot us and more importantly don't shoot the Autotech BB Support, we are privileged to have such a fantastic resource for our little Jewels.

So, what can you do now - Relax & explore the site, all the functionality is there, albeit in a slightly different place, the Forums are little white bar lines on the top right, click on them and go for it.

What NOT to do: - Well loud complaining and multiple angry posts won't change anything, have a cup of coffee & relax, we're all going through the same growing pains right now....

I repeat: Autoguide owns the site, they pay the bills, so they call the shots - Thanks to them, we still have the BB as a resource

Ciao
Greig

Wearing Moderators hat & Nomex

·
Premium Member
21,214 Posts
Gotcha. What I don't see is my control panel and private messages, or whatever takes the place of that now. You know how I find it?
Andrew

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Like the look. Still on my training wheels trying to find what used to be called "Active Posts" (I think).

I know it takes time for me to adjust so will be patient :)
Pete

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Total CRAP. Congrats. They just ruined a great BB. And who the F are you to tell me to like it or lump it.

Are you "missing something?" Yea, you're going to be missing one of your primary contributors since 2003.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Terrible. What the heck? Hate it already. Is the old original BB still available, the one before the last iteration? That's the one I used.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Unless the older format is going to be available, I'm OUT. I'm one of the original members of this BB and a premium member. I think I've done a pretty good job of contributing to the community, but I'm not going to be treated like an internet serf making money for the likes of these guys, and having some jerk to tell me to like it or lump it.

And BTW, I don't know where that flag came from in my moniker, but it's not right. It should be an AMERICAN flag.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
I'm feeling like roadtrip. While I realize that some people, esp techies, think that new is always better, sometimes it's just not so. Even after trying everything, I think the new system is more cumbersome, and less visible up front. Not enthused at all. Less likely to use it now.

·
Premium Member
13,177 Posts
How can I do an "advanced search" now. For example search for a word in a specific forum by a specific contributor?
Thanks.

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
How can I do an "advanced search" now. For example search for a word in a specific forum by a specific contributor?
Thanks.
Click on the 3 vertical dots beside the Account Details (top right) and select Advanced Search.

Pete

·
Registered
700 Posts
Congratulations AlfaBB just like everything else these days it’s difficult to decipher content from advertising. At least only one third of the page is adverting! Great work and it’s time followers of the BB vote with their fingers......

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
OK, so how or where do I find the setting to change the thread display in order showing the most recent at the top of page 1 instead of the threads showing with the oldest at the top of page 1?

I've found the "filter" setting for the list of threads but not for each thread itself.

You can edit past posts, I, editing this one. The "edit" button is now under your name. This edit feature always was time limited, was it not?

·
Super Moderator
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Flags next to your name: - These are automatically picked up based on info you have in your personal profile, see steps below on how to change them

Those flags can be set. Click on your avatar, near the upper right-hand corner of the site. Select account settings from the drop-down menu.

On the account settings page, scroll down to location.

As you start typing your city, it will offer you choices appear in the drop-down menu. Click to select the one that displays your location.

If you prefer to only display your state, simply type your state, and then click on it in the drop-down menu.

Within discussion threads, you will see your country flag displayed under your username.

If you don't set it, it will default to your current IP, and all of this can be changed for its visibility in your settings.

With luck I'll have copied the above over properly....

Aye
Greig

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Even when I descend in the menus to the actual posts, I really dislike the vague format. Looks childish and techie trendy. Too many icons to click on to see what there actually is. Not a happy camper.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.