Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Push hard and live
9,612 Posts
In order to get top money, the Sunbeam tiger must be in "pique" condition.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Wow the Montreal's on the list.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
I had a 1969 datsun 2000 roadster. it had been set up for autocrossing before I bought it. It was a blast to drive. Wish I still had it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my spider came in at 75,269,669,875,365,224,189,523,, I getting close
I can picture Keith Martin on What's My Car Worth? discussing your Spider.... "well ALFA produced thousands of these Spiders but there is only one example like Bianchi's, so for collectability, I give it a B-."

·
Push hard and live
9,612 Posts
Keith Martin, while handing the "Best Tipo 105" award through my window, announced over the PA that there was no way one could get upside down in the restoration of a Montreal. I asked him for a signed affidavit to that effect, and while laughing he said he would tweet it to me. As I am clue free regarding tweets (and plan to remain so) I have yet to receive it.

As Glenn has often said, these cars seem to have found their moment in the sun. It remains to be seen if mine makes it to one of the auctions next year. I like it a lot, but it represents one Alfa too many.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Come on the car is RARE! 3800 made 1/2 recked that leaves 1700. Plain & Simple! Not gonna sell mine anytime soon, but it makes me feel good that I paid 17K for a piece of steel over 17 years ago and is now easily selling at auctions for 125K. It may go down, but not to my original purchase price! It's an awesome car and it took me 10 years to find it. I'm a collector of Alfa Romeos and owning such a unique and rare model is the highlight of my stable!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts