Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to move my runners around in driveway and just by random chance they came out in this order as I backed out white one first then red one to get green one ready to go into garage for more repairs.

So I thought I better take a picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Ok, I have to ask... Is the green one "winking" or is the fog light really missing? :)

Best regards,

·
Premium Member
26,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok, I have to ask... Is the green one "winking" or is the fog light really missing? :)

Best regards,
Yes and the right one will be missing before state inspection. If I can find a couple good used ones in my spares they will go in, if not brakes will cool better without them or get wet easier if and when it ever rains. We are down 12 inches for the year around here. Both fogs were badly broken. Headlights had no reflective material left either. Amazing that the stepper motors worked correctly once I changed bad a/c control panel.

Slowly she is coming around. Not to sure lower end of engine is to strong though time will tell.

Oh, it finally did rain today just started as I was taking picture of threesome.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Is that a 24 valve under the cover, or are you just happy to see me...?

·
Premium Member
26,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is that a 24 valve under the cover, or are you just happy to see me...?
Those LS wheels under the cover were once attached to a 91B in Pick-N-Pull we got some parts off of sometime ago. Now they are holding up a 91L in rescue que. So still 24v less here on the right coast.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
24 valves or not, three running 164s in those colors, and on the same driveway is very cool! Great picture, Steve!

Best regards,

·
Registered
852 Posts
I had to move my runners around in driveway and just by random chance they came out in this order as I backed out white one first then red one to get green one ready to go into garage for more repairs.

So I thought I better take a picture.
Thts cool Steve, I have to ask how you got ur tealie engine bay look sooo gorgeous. I wish my tealie engine to look like tht once I am done with timing belt and head gasket job, I am thinking of cleaning it really well.

-Pavan.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
:)Man, that is one wide *** driveway you got there:cool:

·
Premium Member
26,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Secret to a clean and detailed engine bay.

Thts cool Steve, I have to ask how you got ur tealie engine bay look sooo gorgeous. I wish my tealie engine to look like tht once I am done with timing belt and head gasket job, I am thinking of cleaning it really well.

-Pavan.
Well, the way it gets looking that way is the car is my son's and he is a bit of a fanatic on spit and polish. He blasted, treated and painted valve covers and intake and polished up intakes runner before we put engine together.

Here is what he has done to his Maserati Spider parts as we are doing valve clearances and timing belt on that car too so everything gets cleaned up.

I just gunked both engines and engine bays both cars and then pressure washed them but he does the detail work. He is a perfectionist.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:)Man, that is one wide *** driveway you got there:cool:
You see now why I bought the driveway with a large two car garage and house attached from my friend when he retired and moved away. We had 10 cars in driveway during Hurricane Isabel one week after we closed on this house as we had to evacuate from our beach house to this place.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts