Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for that illusive bracket between the two halves of the centre console and the other band where the centre console meets the dash.

Does anyone know where it could be sourced?

There was a post about it some while ago but couldn't find it.

Many thanks

·
Registered
340 Posts
Kribensis,

For whatever reason on my car, the center console works better in my car above the lower dash lip rather than below it. That said, I cut piece of angle iron (L shaped) from Lowe's and cut it to size. If I remember correctly, I bent the ends inward a bit so that it is shaped like this when viewed from the top \_/. That's a little exaggerated as the angle is probably less than 30 degrees. I fastened this to the console by using the threaded posts/nuts that hold the side trim onto the console. The original bracket was L-shaped plastic ears on either side of the console. This is a very easy bracket to fabricate.

Regards,
Lawrence

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kribensis,

For whatever reason on my car, the center console works better in my car above the lower dash lip rather than below it. That said, I cut piece of angle iron (L shaped) from Lowe's and cut it to size. If I remember correctly, I bent the ends inward a bit so that it is shaped like this when viewed from the top \_/. That's a little exaggerated as the angle is probably less than 30 degrees. I fastened this to the console by using the threaded posts/nuts that hold the side trim onto the console. The original bracket was L-shaped plastic ears on either side of the console. This is a very easy bracket to fabricate.

Regards,
Lawrence
Lawrence..thanks for that..I think I shall end up fabricating it..or should I say, getting it fabricated.

Someone suggested that this part might be plastic..it's metal originally no?

Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
340 Posts
The 'ears' that tie the console to the dash are L-shaped plastic brackets that sit on the bottom side of the dashboard and are exposed. The bracket I fabricated is made of metal and hidden up in the dash. My L brackets were broken and unusable and so I had to come up with an alternate way to attach the console to the dashboard.

Regards,
Lawrence

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Hey Papajam + Kribensis.

I am willing to let a set or 2 go.
Maybe easier to make some than to send them all the way from Sydney Australia.
Papajam has a diagram somewhere ???? exact specifications ?
I have some in my hands and they dont look too hard to make.
Its amazing what ends up in your pockets when you pull apart a car.the end up in the top drawer,next to your bed before the wife throws your cloths in the washing machine.

Robert

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hey Papajam + Kribensis.

I am willing to let a set or 2 go.
Maybe easier to make some than to send them all the way from Sydney Australia.
Papajam has a diagram somewhere ???? exact specifications ?
I have some in my hands and they dont look too hard to make.
Its amazing what ends up in your pockets when you pull apart a car.the end up in the top drawer,next to your bed before the wife throws your cloths in the washing machine.

Robert
Robert..if I personally tried to make them they'd end up 'unsuitable for the intended purpose'.

As the car has already run 'ever so slightly' over budget I would be happy to pay postage from Sydney.

I've emailed you.

Thanks

Brian

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
I've sent a sample of this bracket (along with a clutch pedal return spring) for a quote on having repros made.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Hey Jim (papajam)

Looks like your reproduction ones are more popular than my originals
Kepp up the great work.Makes a lot of people happy.

Robert

1 - 20 of 20 Posts