Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come in possession of a 1987 Milano (5 speed) that has been living in a garage and has not been driven for 10 years. READY!! 52,000 miles. The body is immaculate and the previous owner was an old man that just loved to cruise. Let's talk.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Let's talk.
What about? Selling it? Value? Efforts to bring it back to a condition where you can start it and drive it (after sitting for 10 years)?
Jes

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
And what about this old man who loved to cruise?

Your location would of been a key piece of information to include.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
selling it

I am in Charlottesville, Va. I am void of a lot of information because I don't have any more. I do know that I am not someone who restores vehicles, so I am uncertain what it will take to bring it back. I do know that it was very well taken care of.

What about? Selling it? Value? Efforts to bring it back to a condition where you can start it and drive it (after sitting for 10 years)?
Jes

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
. . . selling it . .

Well, the first thing you would want to do, is start a new thread in the appropriate forum. That is in the 'Cars-sale-wanted' forum
Then add as much information that you can offer.
Is it a Silver, Gold, Platinum, or Verde?
Color?
Options? (sunroof, etc.)
Are you looking to sell locally only?
As many pictures as you can handle is probably a good idea anyway but if you are opening up your sale nationally, well, then it is a must.
Just as a side: Low mileage-good; Excellent condition-good; Hasn't run in 10 years-bad. These cars do not respond well to sitting.
There are a few Milanos currently for sale on this board at the moment.
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-cars-sale-wanted/171944-milano-gold-portland-oregon.html
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-cars-sale-wanted/176929-1987-silver-milano-gold.html
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-cars-sale-wanted/173124-87-milano-gold-nj.html
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-cars-sale-wanted/175908-88-milano-verde.html

Unfortunately for you (and them), their market value is low.
That is, these cars, for what they offer, are undervalued.

Good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
selling it

I am in Charlottesville, Va. I am void of a lot of information because I don't have any more. I do know that I am not someone who restores vehicles, so I am uncertain what it will take to bring it back. I do know that it was very well taken care of.

Jes

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Honestly, while I am sure someone would like to have it, it will have little value. If its a 2.5, a good condition driveable one is hard to sell for $5k. I wouldny pay over $1500 for one that hadnt run in 10 years, and only then if they paint and interior were very nice.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Not many of us are mind readers. So with that in mind, you really need to tell us details of the condition of the vehicle.
Are you asking whats a good price for you to buy the old mans car for yourself? Or did you buy the old mans car and you want one of us to buy it from you? Is it a Platinum? Indoor storage or Outdoor storage? How did it run when you started it? Are you looking for an online with no photos appraisal about a car that we don't know if it runs or not or what model of milano you might or might not have in your position. You started the thread, so give us some answers please.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry everyone. I was told to go to a different forum so I actually did. The car is a midnight blue 87 Milano Gold. The interior is clean with a 3 inch split on the seam of the drivers seat. The rest is gorgeous. I have no pics yet and will get them on the weekend when I have had a chance to clean it. It hasn't been driven in 5 years, not ten. There are 52,000 miles on it. There is minor rust around the drivers side rear well. I am torn on whether or not to put money into the timing belt and water pump (I will get a diagnostic on Monday) or whether to just sell it right now without running it. i was bought it with the intention of selling it. I just don't know the best way to go. My email is [email protected] if you want to talk. otherwise, i will stay off this forum as I cannot respond very frequently. Sorry for the misleading "Dream Car" thing. Peace.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
. . . I was told to go to a different forum so I actually did. . . .
More like 'suggested'. 'told' is such an ugly word.:p

However your second 'ad' in the Sales forum offered no further information other than 'It is blue . . .'.
So the point to your comment above was . . . .? And the second ad caused problems because . . . ? And your sorry because . . . ?
Rhetorical: Answer is that creating a second ad had nothing to do with the lack of information in either. Suggestions/advice are just that. You don't like the results, well, don't shoot the messenger. . .

Here is a link to your Sales forum thread: 'That Dream Car'

To the point, 824 views of the Sales forum ad, 318 here.

Good luck with your sale.
Peace back at 'cha.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I would say how much money you put into it is up to you, but just the fact that it hasnt run in 5 years means the cost to get it back on the road will likely far exceed the value of the car. Im not saying this in the hope of being able to buy it for cheap, I already have a milano that I dont want, but it sounds like an $800-$1200 car in non running condition. If you likw it why not fix it and keep it? It will be likely take a few thousand dollars to get on the road again, but they are fun cars to drive, and more reliable than alot of people think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts