Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
I remember...it was a cold start problem

Is it resolved?
What was the cure in the end? (the thread wasn't concluded)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it confuses me but I started testing things w/ a 12v test light. as soon as I did it seemed to 'free up' the grounding path.
and all seemed fine.
i'm not understanding of it, probably coincidence of something else.
I never got what I thought was a trusting test of the TTS. I ended up w/ 3 used ones, and never trusted any.
it starts quite nicely w/ a pump or two.
I used to have a '71 that I think was the best bargain/driver I've ever had. that's why I went for the '83 (over the I-net). big mistake.
as soon as I can sell it i'll be relieved.
BUT the real point is to say THANKS to you.
Charlie hull.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I kinda get what your saying. I've got an 89 Veloce, and as much as I like it, I think the next toy I buy will be carbureted. That's what I'm familiar with and feel the most confident in repairing. When something goes wrong with the FI system in my Alfa, its a bit scary because there are so many electrical variables that could be the cause. I guess I'm just old school......

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
I kinda get what your saying. I've got an 89 Veloce, and as much as I like it, I think the next toy I buy will be carbureted. That's what I'm familiar with and feel the most confident in repairing. When something goes wrong with the FI system in my Alfa, its a bit scary because there are so many electrical variables that could be the cause. I guess I'm just old school......
Old School, or tech challenged? Our '85 spider (flood car) with L Jet kicked my a## for way too long, I finally found a complete conversion from a fellow BB member and I have not looked back. The Webers have had a few quirks, but given the electrical connections and sensors and .... I prefer the Webers anyday.

BTW, did anyone suggest Old School was not a good thing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts