Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being captivated by Alfas after a trip to Italy last year and after lurking on the Board for almost exactly a year, I finally bought my first Alfa today -- it's a '73 Berlina -- mechanically decent, but needs some (a lot?) of work cosmetically.

Thanks to all of you who participate on this Board and on this Forum in particular -- with all your advice and guidance, I think (and hope) I have a good idea of what I'm getting into... Next steps will be signing up on the Register, befriending my mechanic, and perhaps showing up at some events.

By the way, on my drive home, I stopped at a light and the cabbie next to me gave me a thumbs up -- he rolled down his window and shouted, "Excellent! -- I had the same car 30 years ago in Italy!", and I got to shout, "I just bought this one today!" I'll take his thumbs-up as a good omen.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Congrats, and enjoy! I think it's a good omen that you bought an Alfa!;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome to the disease! Now that you are infected with the virus, the only way to keep your facsimile of reality is to bring others to the fold:D:D

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Congrats!!! Welcome to the board......and of course......we want to see pictures!!!:D:D

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Send me the reg info when you're ready and I'll add you to the Register. Where'd you find the car?

Andrew

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here she is,

A longtime California car via Emeryville and Santa Cruz, with plenty to keep me occupied. New tires go on tomorrow, then I'll get her in the shop, start looking for new bumpers, new trim, new headliner, work on the rust, etc., etc. But she's eminently driveable, so she won't have to sit while I'm doing all that....

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts