Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to say a big THANK YOU to Papajam for sending me the manual for my car.
I mailed Jim a few weeks ago with the intention of buying a manual for my 73 GTV.He replied instantly saying that he would be glad to send it to me for free.... TO THE UK!
Not only did it arrive yesterday but he very kindly printed the CD cover with the pictures of my car that I had sent him.
Such thoughtfulness and generosity of spirit for someone on the other side of the planet is rare and very appreciated.
It seems silly but that disc will become part of my cars memorabelia which I will always cherish.

Thanks Jim for your kindness;)

Steven

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
I want to say a big THANK YOU to Papajam for sending me the manual for my car.
I mailed Jim a few weeks ago with the intention of buying a manual for my 73 GTV.He replied instantly saying that he would be glad to send it to me for free.... TO THE UK!
Not only did it arrive yesterday but he very kindly printed the CD cover with the pictures of my car that I had sent him.
Such thoughtfulness and generosity of spirit for someone on the other side of the planet is rare and very appreciated.
It seems silly but that disc will become part of my cars memorabelia which I will always cherish.

Thanks Jim for your kindness;)

Steven
Steven:

It's nice to see someone acknowledge and appreciate the type of extra work and thought Jim puts into what he furnishes both on the bb and to others privately. There are many others in this same boat, who help out and are never acknowledged or thanked, publicly or privately, which is sad when other Alfisti, whether local or across continents, consider it "expected," without considering time and a host of other things required to give a complete and accurate answer or to fill a request for an item.

Kudos to you for taking the time to let not only Jim, but everyone else on the bb know how much his effort, knowledge, and time are appreciated.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Jim rules.. He is one of my favorite people in the Alfa community. He has helped so many people, and shared hard won knowledge without ever asking in return... I only met he and his wonderful Lady once, briefly [ at the Manchester NH national Alfa thing- I handed him my guitar and he serenaded us!!] Thank you Jim!!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
My wife and I were very fortunate to have met Jim and Jaci at the Alfa Convention, in the parking lot, of course! What a great couple! We spent a couple of hours just shootin' the breeze. It was really great experience and we were disappointed that we were unable to "hook up" with them again at Meadowbrook. Papajam is truely one of the best and not just on the BB!

Best Regards,
Paul

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I vote papajam for the US Alfa Romeo Ambassador on their return to make sure new customers to the marque will get treated properly this time around :D

I must also publicly thank DrG from Washington for sending me some extremely tasty smoked salmon to me for helping him with an aussie ebay ad, like really it was no trouble on my behalf at all but what a nice surprise !

For the most part Alfa people will bend over backwards for you even if a complete stranger. I also believe in the what goes around comes around idea.

Thanks again Dr!

And all the others that have given advice and offered to help over the years...

*wipes a tear*

:p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts