Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you all for your concern about my car. I pushed a little too hard on my last timed run at turn 4 and ran out of room. Even instructors hit the limit once and a while ( but only in their own cars! ). I've found a door to replace the damaged one, and Chris Mayring is helping with the repair of the rest. The car should be good as new for Fontana. Chris and I will be driving Fran Moore's Milano for the enduro.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
It was sad to see it happen. I am glad to hear you have already started to fix it and that you will again put the car on the track.

Are you going to run anything else that weekend up at Buttonwillow or are you just going to do the enduro?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Heavy competition

****! Now I see that I will have some serious competition when it comes to mooching rides.......

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
reply to Anthony

I'll drive up with Chris, but don't have any plans to drive other than the enduro. I would like to bum as many rides as I can to learn the track. It's been several years since I've driven that there. Is there any way we could find out the configuration we will be using for the enduro? Their web site has the many track maps that can be used and knowing which one to study would be nice.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Configuration

We'll be using the whole track, including the long back straightaway (no bus stop). It's the same configuration we have always run. We don't use the bus stop turn because that would eliminate a passing zone for the time trialers, and it would waste too much time moving cones/cornerworkers just for race group. John Cote prefers to run the course clockwise, because he feels it is a little safer than counter-clockwise (because of the cement wall that seperates the pits from the track). The turn leading onto the front straight clockwise is sharper than the turn leading onto the front straight counter-clockwise, so, in theory, you'd be going slower, and have a "softer" impact.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
i just got off the phone with buttonwillow main office. the lady who answered said she will call the club person handling the event to find out what configuration will be used.

the track needs to know because the friday test day is always the same configuration that the club using it for the weekend runs. i am assuming it is race 14 clockwise. it is what arosc has been using the last couple years.

there is a picture of it on the buttonwillow raceway sight (www.buttonwillowraceway.com), just click on the "track configuration" link.

i will call the track tomorrow afternoon and post what they tell me.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Calling John would be faster........

He's the race director. He handles everything with the tracks.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Good to hear the car will be up and running in no time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts