Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I had a noisy water pump, a rough idle and almost 30K on my timing belt. So I replaced all belts (except the power steering belt, for which I didn't have a proper wrench), put in a new mechanical tensioner, a new idler pulley, a new water pump and new ignition wires. At each step there seemed to be some problem or question -- which you guys on this forum were able to answer. The car is back together and running smoothly. (Although I may have abused the idle actuator a little too much by trying to get it to open in the wrong direction; a couple of times the idle has floated too high or fallen the other way, killing the engine. I'll wait to see if it sorts itself out.) Anyway, thanks for the great help!

·
1991 164L
27,780 Posts
Check all hoses to and from that pesky IAC and oil seperator including small drain back hose to rear head and short L-shaped one to rear valve cover and to big corragated intake hose. Also check small vac hose to fuel pressure regulator from intake, cruise control tube elbow at intake, CC hose at actuator and at vac round bottle in left wheel wheel behind fender liner as well as small hoses to evaporator carbon cannistor above vac bottle.

Check big black corragated intake hose and air cleaner box mounts.

Also check min/max switch on front of throttle body for 0<1 degree click on/off setting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts