Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newish alfa owner here. car has been in the family for 15 years and it just got passed on to me a few weeks ago. body is great but mechanically it needs a little work. Been posting a good amount and reading a ton of threads on how to tackle some of my projects. I also haven't posted any pictures at all- so here is the initial shot of it arriving from Texas to Northern VA. Thanks for all the help thus far and look forward to learning more from you guys.

'87 Quadrifoglio
112k miles
no rust

immediate mechanical Needs:
Starter replacement
Tranny fluid replacement (crunches a decent amount)
washer reservoir
new antenna (old one broke in half)
cracked fuel line replacement
brake fluid replacement
loose shifter tightened
A/C could be refilled but meh, it's not meant to be driven with the top up.
stripped nut on the sump pan in the body

done:
spark plugs
new lower pan gasket (leaked like crazy)
oil change
cleaned and protected soft top
new badges
electrical leak fixed
fuel cap cable redone

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
Beautiful.

Fill the AC. It's pretty much useless, except for those hot rainy days, otherwise you won't be able to see though the windshield.

Mo

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Beautiful.

Fill the AC. It's pretty much useless, except for those hot rainy days, otherwise you won't be able to see though the windshield.
It's dry where I live so I don't really know but I'm surprised it has any defrost action at all since it doesn't blow on the windshield at all.

Bella macchina!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hi Chris,

You might try adding a relay in the starting system to boost the voltage when cranking. It could be your ignition switch or starter and the relay is something found on most cars anyway. It solved my no starter engaging issue when battery was fully charged

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome to NoVA. I live in Centreville and I've also got a red '87 Quad. I've had it just over a year now, and I love it. There are a few others around the area, and the local club meets occasionally. There are also at least two really solid mechanics/shops in the area too if you're not doing the work yourself.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to NoVA. I live in Centreville and I've also got a red '87 Quad. I've had it just over a year now, and I love it. There are a few others around the area, and the local club meets occasionally. There are also at least two really solid mechanics/shops in the area too if you're not doing the work yourself.
I live in fairfax currently (lived in the area for around 4 years) and work in chantilly so not far from you. I know there's a shop in merrifield. What's the ones you use? I am doing everything I can by myself but need some help eventually on a few things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts